Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lost my friend Magge (LAb) yesterday

Posted by jujugram2004 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 13, 04 at 10:09

Maggie was 14 years old, I had her since she was 5 or 6 weeks old. I was there when she was put down. The crying was so bad. My vet was so sweet. Maggie had alot wrong with her.Now she is with my husband, mom and molly her other buddy. But I still feel very guilty. My other 2 dogs were looking at me when I came in last night. Casper didn't even want togo to bed with me. He stayed away from me. I didn't understand why. I love Maggie so much. She was a good dog. Never did anything wrong. I pretty sure she is in heaven waiting for me with the rest of them. No more dogs for me after casper and BJ. No more. I went thru this a dozen times. I must be nuts. Its hard.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lost my friend Magge (LAb) yesterday

I'm so sorry for your loss of Maggie. We got our first dog 2 years ago last March. After my daughter was killed 3 months later, he was a godsend for us all. Our pets are always there to give love and listen and let you cry and never judge. I know it has to be hard to lose them . I cant even think about the time when we will lose Shadow. I believe there is a heaven for our faithful companions where they are romping and playing and waiting for us.
Julie

o

I'm so sorry about Maggie. I know also how attached we can become to our pets. I'll never forget my favorite dog when I was growing up. When Teddy got killed, I cried and cried and cried like it was a person who had died. After I married, we had a few that we got very attached to also and then was so sad when they left us. After my daughter was killed, my husband and I decided to get two more dogs and we love them to death, and I know we will have to go through their loss too. I'm like you, though. I really don't think I want any more animals after these two are gone.
Lu

o

Such a hard time for you, I know. My collie-shepherd, Caroline, died on July 4. She was 14, too. It's been a difficult year because so many of my pets got old at the same time. We lost three cats and two dogs, although one of the dogs was young, and killed by a bear.

Please don't feel guilty. It's clear that you loved Maggie, and it would have been even clearer to her. I'm sure she had a wonderful life with you. If only they lived longer. Much, much longer.

Susan

o

Sorry about your Maggie.

I was just told by a doctor that I might be allergic to our kitty girl. The doc said that I might have to get rid of her. I said that I would rather cut off one of my fingers.
Pets are so important!

Again, so sorry about your loss, but you did the best thing possible for her.

o
RE: Lost my friend Magge (LAb) yesterday P.S.

I also wanted to add that for people unable to have their own children, like me, a pet can help ease that grieving, which can leave an empty hole. Pets are not a substitute for children, but they can be a wonderful asset to our well-being.

o

Absolutely, Wendy. I was infertile for years, and I remember how my dogs helped me through that period. And now, in my "empty nest," my current dogs and cats provide devoted company and are more than happy to have my love and affection.

Susan

o

I couldn't imagine ever losing either one of my cats (Tikki 1 year, & Monty 10months)..They are still young and I look forward to many many years of having them. Pets are absolutely a member of the family and it does hurt to lose them...the bond owners have with their aniamls is amazing. I look forward to coming home from work everyday to have them greet me in the window. I love it!!

juju just remember you gave Maggie 14 wonderful years of life and think of all the memories you have of her and know you will see her again one day..

o

I pray for your healing.....it can be very hard when we lose our fur babies......I know when they cross over they wait for us in a most beautiful place, safe and happy and young and healthy again.
Think of the joy when it is your time to cross over, how beautiful to have your fur babies there to greet mom once again. This will happen.
Down the road, when it is time, I pray you will allow yourself to give into the love you hold in your heart for another fur baby.....remember there are many geriatric fur kids out there that need someone with your love....
God Bless you

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here