SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
secsteve

Two Anniversaries

secsteve
18 years ago

Just finished lighting our memorial candle for my MIL. Twelve days from now we'll light it again for my mom.

It still seems like just yesterday that we lost them and those had to be the worst twelve days in my life. MIL was in CA and flew out there for funeral. Came back and left to go back to try and spend last days with mom, but by the time I got back, she had left us.

Each anniversary is different for me. At times I feel depressed, sometimes sad and other times just an empty feeling. I still find myself thinking "It's Sunday and I have to call mom at..." We'd call each other every Sunday and catch up on everything back there in MI and with me in VA.

I miss them both terribly and glad I have this forum to share these feelings. I'm also glad that I found a wonderful grieve support group 6 monthes after they both passed that was really helpful.

A friend of ours remarked how unfortunate it was that they died within twelve days of each other. I never thought about it till she mentioned it and it was true. Didn't have time to grieve for one before the other passed away.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Designing Beautiful, Sustainable Homes in Columbus