Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Funny dream visits?

Posted by Oddtree2001 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 7, 05 at 5:15

I just thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone had any similar experiences. My mother always had the best sense of humor. My brother had a very vivid dream about her that he told me about. He said that we were all in the hospital, and everything mom went through happened EXCEPT that she pulled through and was alive, but still hospitalized. She was a smoker in life, not heavy, but still--even she would admit it was a terrible habit.

Anyway, in his dream, Mom lit up a cigarette and he said to her "After all this, you're still going to smoke?!" And she just shrugged, grinned, and said "Hey, I died. It's not a problem anymore!"

That really, really sounds like something my mom would say! So perhaps you are allowed to continue some of your milder vices in heaven....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Funny dream visits?

I'm sure you're right. Isn't Heaven a place where you should be allowed to relax and be happy? I think so.

A place where no one gets sick or grows old. And has not a single thing to worry about. Just day after day of good times to look forward to. :)

That could have been a sign to tell your brother and your family that she's alright and enjoying herself.

Btw...I'm sorry for your loss! I just loast my mother a little over a month ago.

Have a good weekend!

o

DarkDtSHD,

Thanks so much! My mother always had the best sense of humor, it was said over and over again at her funeral, and I just love the idea that she's having a good time where she's at. God knows she' earned it.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

o

:) oh, very much :)

Dream is a place where heaven, hell, earth, and every other plane can meet, and things pass from one to another. Heaven is a sort of Bed and Breakfast/orientation center, where people can take their time making the transition from flesh to spirit.

(hell is a choice- very few people actually get dragged out of the karmic cycle for punishment. usually, what is punishing you is your own knowledge that you were an ash in life)

so it makes perfect sense to me that your mom would regain her flip good humour in short order (a sense of humor is possibly the best tool we have to adapt to new things)

my bubbe and Zeyde are the same way- bubbe is always bookmarking things for me (I dog-ear my pages, which she was horified by) and Zeyde, a classical violinist, has developped into quite the fiddle player since he passed, and his horizions opened up.

in a lot of ways, I'm MORE connected to them than I ever got to be when they were flesh-bound.

o

"Dream is a place where heaven, hell, earth, and every other plane can meet, and things pass from one to another. Heaven is a sort of Bed and Breakfast/orientation center, where people can take their time making the transition from flesh to spirit."

That's an interesting way of looking at it Chinacat. Not sure where you picked that up from. Any how, for me, I'd just like to assume it's true. That we can be visited by spirits in our dreams. Something nice to hold onto as we learn to cope with our losses and try to carry on day by day.

o

picked it up along the way, like the recipe for salsa, a knack for oratory, and the rather anachronistic skill of tuning carborators...

If I had to quote references, I'd say Shinto and Hindu legends, some early training in heretical judiasm, the writings of Madeline L'engel, C S Lewis, Robert Anton Wilson, Charles DeLint, and Neil Gaiman....

but most of it is just stuff that I know- like you know whether you have shoes on, or not without having to check.

if you want to email me, you're more than welcome to grill me- it would be a nice change from the random people who need to make a fuss because my beliefs contradict theirs (like the universe is too small for more than one point of view)

you should have seen the firestorm I brought upon myself for the commentary on the 'do animals go to heaven?' thread.

o

Grill you? Nahhh! I was just curious. I mean when some one you don't know suddenly makes such claims without quoting a source. You got to wonder. Or I do. No offense intended. :)

I'm not the least bit religous. Nor have I spent any time studying theology. So it wouldn't be much of a "grill". Heh...

I just assumed when we die our spirit leaves our body and ascends to Heaven. I think that's the common belief. That's it. Not "body to heaven to spirit". Any how, I figure we should hold onto which ever belief system makes us comfortable.

My 2 cents...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here