Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thank You, CariJo and All

Posted by Lulie___Wayne (lulieathome@aol.com) on
Tue, Jul 13, 04 at 2:43

CariJo, I just found the message that you wrote in Christin's guestbook. Thank you so much for your sweet words. It is so sweet of you to take the time to view her web site during the awful grief that you are experiencing.
This site has been such a comfort to us. We have had literally thousands of people viewing the site from all over the world. It gives us a certain comfort to know that others are getting to "know" Christin. One of the greatest fears of a parent who has lost a child, is that their child will be forgotten. This is one way that we can keep Christin's memory alive.
Thank you all who have visited her site and signed the book. It means a lot to us for you to take the time to do it.
Lu

Here is a link that might be useful: Christin Cosby Memorial Web Site

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thank You, CariJo and All

Yes. Your site definitely inspired us to build one for my brother, so that people can get to know him too. I found his binder from school in his trash can... well school had gotten out so I guess he just threw it away, ha... But inside were some things he had written for his English class that were quite staggering... he used him mother who he loved and missed for a subject. She (mom) knows how to write web pages so when she feels up to it, I'm sure she will. If you didn't see my comments, please check out my "Im new here" post, as I had some thoughts on the similarities between the tragedies.

How long after her death did it take to get the memorial website up and running?

o
RE: Thank You, CariJo and All

A friend of ours created the site for us. She was eager to do it right after Christin left, but I was hesitant to put our pictures and personal information in cyberspace. Actually, I think I finally consented about a year or so later and it was completed by two years after the accident. It took her a few months to complete it.
I know you all will feel really good to complete a site for your brother. Please let me know when it's done so that I can look at it.
Lu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here