Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Nephew

Posted by liira39 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 2, 06 at 1:32

My nephew was killed this morning by a drunk driver. He was only 20 yrs old. Why did the driver survive and my nephew who was walking to his campsite get killed?? My heart is breaking right now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Nephew

I have learned that asking "why" is just as useless as thinking about "what if..."

After my daughter Jill died, I said something to a friend about the unfairness of the world, and he quote a poet: "The world is neither fair nor unfair. It just is." I think that's very true.

My sympathy goes out to you and your family.

Susan

o

I'm so sorry to hear of this terrible tragedy in your family. My heart just aches for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

o

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, I agree with Susan about that quote, I have asked myself those questions over and over and it doesn't get me anywhere, my 23 year old daughter died 5 weeks ago, we don't know why she died ( toxocology pending) we may never find out.
My very sincere sympathy to you and your family.
Martha

o

IMO, when someone dies long before their time, it's because their soul was just too good for this world and they had better work to do wherever it is that we go after this.

I know that doesn't always make the people left behind feel any better, but I guess it's my way of trying to make it at least acceptable in a world where some people only get a few days, months or years, and some people who kill others drunk driving (or any other way) get to get up and walk away and sometimes go about life for several more years. Right now, for whatever reasons we all have, we're just not good enough to go yet.

This is just my own personal way of getting through things like this though. I'm not trying to give a sermon or make it sound like the drunk driver isn't a bad person who doesn't deserve any punishment, or that you should automatically forgive him because it was just 'fate'. It's just my way of comforting myself. This is why I shy away from internet forums usually-it's just so hard to convey what one means sometimes.

I am sorry for you and your family's loss, and for everyone else's here. I can't imagine the pain some of the people on this forum are going through. Some of the things I read here just make me so sad for all of you. However little (or no) comfort it is, you do all make me really think about and appreciate my own children/husband/family.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here