SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heydeborah

father's day can you help

heydeborah
16 years ago

on feb. 22 i lost my husband of 25 our he was bedridden for 10 of these years (double above the knee amputee and a diabetic and a ton of other things) we kept him home and i was his caregiver along with our daughter - 19 and son 24, he had a massive stroke and was in a coma and i chose life support to be turned off. we all knew he was ill but we never thought this would happen. my daughter and i are keeping busy redorating the house -- on a thrift store budget so we don't have to think, it seems like he is still in bed and that he is just watching tv. i visit my Al everyday at the cemetary. our son on the other had has taken this so hard, he had to take a month off work-- doctor's orders and when he comes with me to the cemetary, he just cries and cries and shakes andis almost hysterical, he visits everyother day. my problem will be father's day, he is an assistant manager at a huge store so he booked father's day off. but i am just dreading sunday, on mothers day we spent a long time at the cemetary with him, it was not a good day. i've already told him that we are not planting flowers on sunday, since only the base of his monument is there so they won'd care about flowers when they put it in. also my husband was a graphic artist at the college here and he used a logo for his personnel things and ds went to vegas and came home with a tatoo of it just above his heart. we are a very close family and do everything together, but sunday is upsetting me. can you tell me what you did to cope!

hot in northern canada

debbie

Comments (4)

Sponsored