SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saliesas

I Lost My Mother Today

saliesas
15 years ago

I lost my mother today and I don't know what to do. She was 46 years old. Isn't that too young? I don't know. She had a viral heart disease called cardimyopathy and she held on for so long. Initially the doctor told us she had 6 months and she lasted almost 7 years. That is remarkable, right? Still, and this may be selfish of me, I don't think it was long enough. I am not ready to live the rest of my life without being able to call my mother for advice. To call her just to chat. She was my very best friend. What do I do now?

She passed away at home, alone. My little sister, who is 14, came home from school and found her. She tried CPR but she was gone. When I arrived at the house my father was laying on the floor with her saying that if he could just warm her up it would be alright. It took me 15 minutes to get him off of the floor.

We haven't told my daughter, who is 5, or my little brother, who is 6, yet. It is so hard knowing that my little brother is here playing at my house and has no idea his mommy died.

I have been so terrified of getting this call for the last 7 years. Now it is reality.

I lost my mother today and I don't know what to do.

Comments (10)

Sponsored