Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some bad news today...

Posted by netshound (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 10, 06 at 18:38

My friends 18 year old son died in his sleep yesturday. They found him in the morning. They have no idea what happened. It just seems like more of this freaky stuff happens now-a-days. Or is it that now that I'm older I pay attention more and it has always happened thru the years. I don't know. I just feel horrible, it was her only child and they were in-seperable. Just needed to get it out I guess...thanks for listening.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some bad news today...

I can't imagine the shock and pain of finding your 18 yr. old has died in his sleep. I'm sure an autopsy will be performed to give them some clue as to his cause of death, but sadly, it won't ease their pain any. I hope they have close family and many friends like you who will rally round to lend them support in their grief. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

o

That's just devastating news, life's cruelest blow. My heart aches for your friend and for you too because I know you feel the pain also.

There is another thread here "words of comfort" which gives a few thoughts about how to help someone grieving. At this point I wouldn't even say your friend is griveing yet; she's just in emotional shock.

I'm so very sorry. She's lucky to have a caring friend like you.

o

Oh, how horrible. I'm so very sorry for your friend, her son and their family. This must be so devastating.
As Socks said, she probably won't feel grief for awhile. Right now, she is probably in deep shock. She will definitely need you later, though. I will remember them in my prayers. I'm so sorry.
Lu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here