SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julee_ann_gw

A comforting sign from my dad

julee_ann
19 years ago

I come from a family of 10 children with me being the youngest. My dad was 87 when he passed away from pancreatic cancer. He was the first of our immediate family that we had lost(almost a hundred of us). He was always our rock- man of few words but someone you could count on when we needed him. He had passed on May 14th and 5 weeks later my 22 year old daughter was killed in a car accident. To lose my dad was so hard but we knew he was finally out of pain but to lose my daughter was devasting and still is. It was just a few days after we had buried my daughter that my sister and younger daughter and I were at my moms house. The kids would always go straight to the tv room but for some reason I found my daughter in the living room sitting on the couch. When I walked in she said "mom it smells like grandpa." The couch was always my dads favorite spot. I had noticed the skoals smell when I walked in,then my sister came in and commented on the strong skoals smell. The smell grew stronger and stronger and we were all speechless. After about 10 minutes we walked out of the room and when I went back in the smell was gone. What happened there is the only thing I think that saved me from losing my mind with grief. I knew that dad was letting us know that he and Lindsey were together and were okay. Sometimes I doubt myself about what happened and my sister and daughter reasure me that it did happen. Has anyone else had any signs from there loved ones? Julie

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz