SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monica_pa

Life after a death

monica_pa Grieves
18 years ago

Three years ago tomorrow, my dear husband died in my arms. I'm getting used to the fact that this date will be a nostalgic one for me the rest of my life.

For a year, I plodded through...soon realizing that, as other family members went back to their lives and futures, my life and future were gone.

Before the cancer diagnosis, we were getting ready to retire. After years of planning, we were "this close" to the retirement life we had planned.

Shortly after the first anniversary...I decided to not just live today, but also tomorrow. I built a new life, met new friends. Planned for a new future.

Last year, I met a wonderful man who had also lost his spouse to cancer. We are having great time, enjoying companionship and a lot of fun doing things as a couple.

Now...on this third anniversary, I can honestly say that life is good. It's a new life, a slightly different life, and a different future.

I'm here to tell those who have lost a spouse that changing your life, living your own life is what life is all about.

Remember yesterday...but live today and for tomorrow.

Comments (4)

Sponsored