Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Life after a death

Posted by Monica_Pa (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 5, 05 at 17:14

Three years ago tomorrow, my dear husband died in my arms. I'm getting used to the fact that this date will be a nostalgic one for me the rest of my life.

For a year, I plodded through...soon realizing that, as other family members went back to their lives and futures, my life and future were gone.

Before the cancer diagnosis, we were getting ready to retire. After years of planning, we were "this close" to the retirement life we had planned.

Shortly after the first anniversary...I decided to not just live today, but also tomorrow. I built a new life, met new friends. Planned for a new future.

Last year, I met a wonderful man who had also lost his spouse to cancer. We are having great time, enjoying companionship and a lot of fun doing things as a couple.

Now...on this third anniversary, I can honestly say that life is good. It's a new life, a slightly different life, and a different future.

I'm here to tell those who have lost a spouse that changing your life, living your own life is what life is all about.
Remember yesterday...but live today and for tomorrow.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Life after a death

Hooray for you!!!! So very happy you were able to get past your loss. Too many people get trapped in the past and can't move on. Life is to be enjoyed and celebrated, no matter what gets thrown our way. My heartfelt wishes to you in your new life. May it be long and happy!!! - Ellen

o

Hugs and loving thoughts go out to you, Monica! I'm proud of you and extremely happy for you! ((Monica))

o

Hi Monica,

It was SO thoughtful of you to take time to share your upbeat message! I'm guessing someone else's day was a little bit brighter because you cared enough to write.

o

So nice to hear words of encouragement! You are so very right.. Those of us who have lost very significant loved ones do still have a future which can be happy, though different. Life does go on.
Thank you for posting.
Lu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here