SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tggrsmommy

I'm new here, as of June 3

tggrsmommy
19 years ago

I lost my beautiful baby girl Emily to leukemia on June 3. I just wanted to actually find a forum where there are actually responses to your questions or your messages. Not a day goes by I don't miss her, but I know I did the right thing. Some say it was brave, others say it was the most loving gift I could give her. It wasn't about those things, though those things are true. It was simply the right thing. She was 4 days shy of 18 mos, and developed what was called the "alpha" strep. It ravaged her body so badly, she was unrecognizable. She became so swollen, her toes turned blue, and her face started rotting because of the meds they used to keep up her bp. They did an EEG on June 3, and determined she was having seizures in her brain, and this time there wasn't enough activity to sustain any quality of life. I realized then, that her motions with her fingers and her lips, were her telling me "bye-bye, Mama". She was no longer there. We let her go. Yes, it was the hardest decision we ever made, but it was also the easiest, in terms of what was best for Emily. I was just looking for other grieving moms to talk to and maybe gain a few friends. I know of a few from another board that might be willing to come over here, if they don't already know of it. Anyway, feel free to email me: tggrsmommy@yahoo.com

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Custom Residential Homes & Full Service Renovations