Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
still grieving after 4 years

Posted by smily78250 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 17, 10 at 15:37

my mother passed away on july 4 2006 im still grieving i was wondering if this is normal i think about her all the time i was really close to her we talked about everything she would call me every day to ask my how i was or what wasi goin to do that day if anybody goin through the same thing i miss her so so much i cant help it so if i can get a little comfort from anyone please feel free to give me some messages please i been so depressed and i really can use some comfort ty sincerely debra mcgee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: still grieving after 4 years

Debra,
I was just searching Yahoo and found this GardenWeb site by chance. I was actually looking up estrangement issues as I just broke ties with my 32 year old daughter today, (Im 55). She has my 2 Grandchildren, Gavin 5 and Caitlyn 1. I will miss my Grandchildren terribly, but she only allowed us to see them a few times a year anyway because were not good enough for her. She has been dis-respecting me for years and I finally decided enough is enough.
Anyway, when I just read your post, I just wanted you to know that yes, it is normal to still be grieving after 4 years. You may never get over the loss of your Mother. I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom. My Mom will be 82 years old on 06/28. I lost my Dad on 06/18/2003 after he had been in a nursing home for 4 awful years. My Mom and Dad had been married for over 50 years. He served in the US Marine Corp for over 27 years and retired a LT Colonel when I was around 18, I think. Anyway, I still miss him today, even though we were not close at all. My parents were actually quite abusive.
I believe that my Dad visits me in spirit quite a bit, have you had any experiences like that? I find them comforting, but some times sort of annoying.
I just wanted you to know that there is someone out here in cyber space who does care how you feel, okay?
You may want to talk to your Doctor about your depression. I am taking an anti-depressant, generic for Zoloft for years. It seems to help, although it will hurt your sex drive!
Take care and keep your chin up. Please know that your Mom is in a better place!
Jill Moore

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here