SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sudiepav

My son and granddaughter died 2 years ago today

sudiepav
18 years ago

This is a very sad day for my family and me. Our oldest son and his only child, our 6 year old granddaughter, were killed 2 years ago this morning. We still miss them so terribly. This whole week has been a nightmare, waiting for the day and having 2 years ago so clearly in our minds. We remember the movie we attended the night before they died, the last time we talked to them (Father's Day, that year on the 15th), what we were doing when we got the news. Day to day living has gotten better, but each anniversary (birthdays, their deaths) is still so very hard. We still miss them incredibly, and because they lived out of town, sometimes, I can even imagine that I could pick up the phone and talk to them. I still have 3 messages from Millie on my answering machine; hearing her sweet voice gladdens my heart but always brings tears, too. He was such a wonderful young man, only 36, and a great dad. Millie was bright, funny, antimated, and just beautiful. She would have finished 2nd grade this spring, and I can imagine how smart she might have been. I have had tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat all day. I got a bouquet of flowers from a good friend whose granddaughter died at 8 a month and a day after Millie and Dave died. She and I have many heartfelt, tearful conversations. Ironically enough, these 2 little girls were flower girls in our youngest boy's wedding, and when I look at the wedding photos, all the old people are still with us(not that I'd wish any of them away). But to think that the groom's big brother and the 2 little flower girls are gone is truly heartbreaking. The only difference is that Rebecca died of neuroblastoma and suffered mightily before she died. Dave and Millie were taken from us in a heartbeat. No matter how you lose them, it's a terrible thing for a family.

Comments (6)

Sponsored