Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice Please

Posted by berniekelly (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 18, 07 at 14:16

We went on our first sun holiday last August and were planning on going away again this year. My little girl still wants to but I am not so sure. On one hand it would be nice to prove to ourselves that we can manage to carry on as planned but on the other I get scared and wonder what will we do on our own. We would be going on a package holiday with day and evening entertainment provide so we wouldn't be isolated - but suppose I end up thinking the whole time. very undecided.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice Please

Go for it, nothing ventured nothing gained.Go and make it a wonderful holiday for the two of you and maybe meet some other people you can enjoy being with, is'nt that better than sitting home "thinking"? You will be thinking no matter where you are so you might as well be somewhere nice, give this gift to your little girl.
God Bless.

o
RE: Advice Please

Yes, I agree - please go on holiday. No matter where you go and what you do you'll be thinking about your loss anyway. Allow yourself to try to enjoy yourself with your daughter.

Doc

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here