SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tampa_ron

Life moves on but it will never be as sweet without my mother

tampa-ron
15 years ago

I want to thank you all for sharing your stories. I lost my mother just over a year ago and the pain has not stopped. It has gotten easier, at least on most days but then there are the days like today that I seem to continuously be fighting back the tears.

My mom had a massive aneurysm just before mothers day. It was so sudden and unexpected. I had talked to her on my way to work just like I did every single day and she was laughing and just fine. Within a few hours I was on the worst flight of my life to NC with my best suit packed. My family wouldn't tell me she was gone but I knew it...my heart told me.

My mom was my best friend, I know with a son that is sometimes not the case but my mom was different and we shared everything with each other. We could speak without speaking because we were so much alike. I miss her. I miss telling her about my life and hearing about hers.

I sometimes close my eyes and try to remember sitting on the front porch with her just chatting about nothing, I try to recall her voice and our conversations but it gets foggier with time and that is hard to accept. I would give anything to have just one more of those chats.

Life moves on but it will never be as sweet without my mother.

Comments (10)

Sponsored