SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tampa_ron

Life moves on but it will never be as sweet without my mother

tampa-ron
15 years ago

I want to thank you all for sharing your stories. I lost my mother just over a year ago and the pain has not stopped. It has gotten easier, at least on most days but then there are the days like today that I seem to continuously be fighting back the tears.

My mom had a massive aneurysm just before mothers day. It was so sudden and unexpected. I had talked to her on my way to work just like I did every single day and she was laughing and just fine. Within a few hours I was on the worst flight of my life to NC with my best suit packed. My family wouldn't tell me she was gone but I knew it...my heart told me.

My mom was my best friend, I know with a son that is sometimes not the case but my mom was different and we shared everything with each other. We could speak without speaking because we were so much alike. I miss her. I miss telling her about my life and hearing about hers.

I sometimes close my eyes and try to remember sitting on the front porch with her just chatting about nothing, I try to recall her voice and our conversations but it gets foggier with time and that is hard to accept. I would give anything to have just one more of those chats.

Life moves on but it will never be as sweet without my mother.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm