Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Remembering dad

Posted by charles2006 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 16, 06 at 10:06

Hi my name is Charles and Its coming up to the 39th anniversary of my
dad,s death ( Gordon Haskell).
He was 47 and I was 14. It's really weird because it only seems like
yesterday that he died and never a day goes by without me thinking of him.
He was a plant scientist and there is a tree in Kew gardens London planted specially for him. As a boy he would spend all his time in the gardens there - entrance was a penny.

When i found this group i thought relatives remembered might
be helpful to you, so please don't think i am spamming.

My Dad was cremated and I really regret that there is no real grave that I can visit.
I wanted a way to permanently express my feelings and share them with family and
friends, so I created www.relativesremembered.com to be a free resource to help others.
Also it gives me a place to visit as there is no grave.

My dad's memorial page:

http://www.relativesremembered.com/memorialtemplates/displaymemorial.php?memid=53&totalnumberofresults=3

If it is of help to you, or you can think of any way to improve it please don't hesitate
to drop me an email.

My condolences for your own loss and all best wishes to you from me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Remembering dad

That's a wonderful tribute to your Dad. It's too bad he died so young; he was taken not only from his family, but also from the scientific world. I enjoyed reading about him and his fine, important accomplishments.

My dad died about 12 years ago at age 69. I've remained close to my stepmother. She was so kind to him when he was ill. I'll never forget that.

Thanks for your post.

o

That's a lovely site, Charles, and a fine tribute to your dad. He was a handsome man, with a look of genuineness (if that's a word) about him. My husband was a scientist, too, with a doctorate in chemical engineering.

Thank you for sharing this.

Susan

o

What a loving tribute to your dad! It's always such a shame when our loved ones leave us so young, and even more sad to know what they could have continued to contribute to mankind if they had lived years longer. Who knows, maybe they can do more from where they are. That's what I like to think, anyway. Thank you for sharing your dad with us.
Lu

Here is a link that might be useful: Christin Cosby Memorial Web Site

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here