SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ninapearl_gw

loss of my mom

Ninapearl
12 years ago

mom would have been 86 last month. she fell a few months ago, had to have hip surgery. at the end of march, complications necessitated another surgery and she had a major stroke while on the table. we ended up having to put her in hospice where she was cared for during the last 2 weeks of her life.

i'm in illinois, mom and the rest of my family are in minnesota. because i was facing back surgery on 4/20, i could not be there for her, although i was there in spirit. we kept thinking "any time now" and i was really hoping mom would be at peace before i went under the knife myself.

my son and his wife spent the entire day at the hospital while i underwent 6 hours of surgery. they went home for a bit and came back after i had been moved from recovery to a room. john broke the news to me and while we were all sad, we knew mom was finally with my dad and she was at peace. turns out she passed away at 5:10 p.m., just as they were getting me situated in my room. i am pretty sure mom waited until she knew i was out of surgery and ok.

it's been a little over 6 weeks now and i have yet to really melt down. not sure why that is...i do know, because mom often told me over the past 2 or 3 years, that she was ready to go, she told me more than once that she wished God would just take her. i was able to visit mom last november, before all of this transpired. she looked so good, was feeling fine, and i am so glad i have those memories of her instead of seeing her in hospice. i went through that with my late husband, not sure i could have gone through it with mom. *sigh*

i love you mom, i will see you some day. give daddy a big hug for me and tell gary to behave himself!!!

Comments (6)

Sponsored