Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Emma

Posted by brycesmommy (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 4, 06 at 8:21

Hi Emma,
Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you today. I'm sure Erica will be with you as she always is. I hope you're doing ok.
Brycesmommy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Emma

Emma,
This is my first time on posting a message. I too lost a child on June 4th, 2005.. My only son. He was 31 yrs old. Its a hurt that is with you every minute of every day. Just know you are not alone and are in others thoughts and prayers.. Hope your doing ok.. This last weekend and last few days have been hard..
Be strong.
HappySewer

o

Hi Brycesmommy and HappySewer,
Sorry for not being able to get back to you both sooner...I was doing what I do best a few weeks ago during a bad thunderstorm (Yakkity yaking on the phone), lightning struck somewhere nearby, and it knocked my computer out of whack for a few weeks. And just for the record, it sort of killed my microwave...it is about 20 yrs. old, so it's gotta go.
I would like to thank you both for writing and sharing your heartfelt thoughts. It truly makes a difference to me, as do so many small things, that people I have never met, would think to write me. I am sorry for you both in the losses of your sons. The loss of a child at ANY age is devastating, as I'm sure you'll both relate to.
Brycesmommy...my thoughts were with you on your day (the 10th of June, right?). I am glad you talk to your twins about their bigger brother Bryce. Never let them forget, as I know you never will either. They are not together on this plane, but will be in the next. Some days, that is the only thought to get me through a day.
HappySewer...often after Erica died, I wondered who else on that fateful day lost a child, the same day as I did. Now I know one other. Please tell us more about your son. I am very sorry for your loss. True, the emptiness never leaves you, never will. I was never the same after my son died, and am not the same since Erica died. Lifes' events change us all, make us into what we are.
I thank you both SO much. HUGS!!!!
Emma in PA

o

Emma,
Was glad to hear you read my message. This loss of our kids sure does'nt seem to get much easier. My Sons name was Don. He was 31 yrs old. Divorced, with 3 young kids. A son 13,son 10, and a daughter 5. His oldest son now lives with me, he never has been able to get along well with his mother. Having his kids has really helped get through this but I still cry every day. I think one of the hardest things is to see the kids growing up without their dad. He did everything with them.
Don was killed in an ATV accident.. He died on the scent. Thank God for that. He and I talked every day and were very close.. I also have a wonderful daughter who is very good to me. I am truly blessed, but I miss Don so much.
Hope things are going well for you. I know we'er not alone. Its nice to chat with people who understand.
Be strong!

o

Hi Emma

It's good to hear from you. Yes, Bryce's anniversary was on June 10th...Thanks for your thoughts. He would have turned 6 years old on the 23rd of June so that was tough too. I imagine how big he would be now. I agree with happysewer..I don't know how I would have got through without having people to talk to about Bryce..I come here quite a bit just to see how everyone is doing. Thanks again for the thoughts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here