Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1 year anniversary

Posted by Brycesmommy (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 10, 05 at 8:12

Well, it's exactly one year today since my special little boy left us...I don't quite know what to say here right now but it's already a touch morning as I get out of bed. I miss him so much. I will write more soon.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1 year anniversary

I feel for you. Anniversaries are hard. The one positive thing about grief is that it shows you are still close to him, and he to you. Grief doesn't follow every loss, just those involving love.

Susan

o

(((((Brycesmommy)))) saying a prayer for you!!DianePA

o

Brycesmommy, I remember when you first posted here and cannot believe nearly a year has passed. I know it is the anniversary you never wanted to observe. I hope the day went as well as possible.

Thinking of you,

Susan

o

Thank you for all your consideration. It was a difficult day but we spent it doing some things that Bryce would have liked & we spent time with family talking about memories. I was dreading that day for a few months...now it's his birthday in a couple weeks that will be another hard day but we'll just do more things with him because we know he's here. Thanks again!

o

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Next Friday will be the two year anniversary of losing our oldest son and our 6 year old granddaughter. This whole week has been especially hard for us,...Wednesday is the 2 year anniversary of the last time we spoke on the phone, Sunday will be Father's Day. It's awfully hard I know. My heart is with you. Only someone who has walked in your shoes knows how you feel. I'm so sorry.

o

I'm glad that you got through the day okay. When is his birthday?
Lu

o

Thanks everyone! His birthday is June 23 & he would be 5 years old. It's hard to believe it's been a year already. It seems like it was yesterday. Thanks again for all your kind words & support. Even though I don't write much anymore, coming here & reading the posts helps me.

o

I don't think there is any better way to honour the life of a child than to do the things THEY would have wanted to do on a day out with their parents...

it's funny...all I want is to see my dad get to lie in his pool float, knowing that mom and I got the pool set up all by ourselves this year (actually, we've been doing it ourselves for years- but he does so like to 'direct' from the sidelines)

take care of one another.

o

You're in my thoughts today.

o

Hi Brycesmommy. Thanks for your very comforting posts to me and to others who are in so much need after losing precious children or spouses. I guess I was late coming to the party and didn't realize the circumstances of your losing your precious little boy. I'm so glad you got to hold him and tell him how much you loved him before he died. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Your reaching out to all of us in need shows what a wonderful person and mother you are. God bless you. Susan

o

I just lost my mom a few weeks ago and am taking things one day at a time. My heart really goes out to those who have lost a child. Just keep their wonderful memories alive. You may not have had much time with your child, but just think how wonderful and special those times together were and always will be. I really feel these children have gone onto "better things". My thoughts and prayers are with you.

o

My heart goes out to you. I'm in the same situation and the only comfort that I find is when I do things to keep his memory alive. I attach notes to ballons filled with hellium and then release them into the air. I've built a memorial website in my sons honor and I spend alot of time on the site just reminicing. Knowing that eventually I am going to see him again. Bryce is always by your side, though you may not see him he is there.As they say "When a spouse looses a spouse they are called widow or widower, when a child looses a parent they are called orphans, but when a parent looses a child there is no word to describe the loss.

Don't Mourn For Me
Mother, please don't mourn for me;
I'm still here, though you don't see.
I'm right by your side
each night and day
and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I'm always near
I'm everything you feel, see or hear.
My spirit is free,
but I'll never depart
as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I'll never wander out of your sight--
I'm the brightest star
on a summer night.
I'll never be beyond your reach--
I'm the warm moist sand
when you're at the beach.

I'm the colorful leaves
when fall comes around,
And the pure white snow
that blankets the ground.
I'm the beautiful flowers
of which you're so fond--
The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I'm the first bright blossom
you'll see in the spring;
The first warm raindrop
that April will bring.
I'm the first ray of light
when the sun starts to shine,
And you'll see
that the face in the moon is mine.

When you start thinking
there's no one to love you,
You can talk to me
through the Lord above you.
I'll whisper my answer
through the leaves on the trees,
And you'll feel my presence
in the soft summer breeze.

I'm the hot salty tears
that flow when you weep
And the beautiful dreams
that come while you sleep.
I'm the smile you see on baby's face.
Just look for me, Mommy,
I'm everyplace !
(Author unknown)

o

Theperfectfan, I'm so sorry for the terrible loss you have suffered. You no longer have your son, but you do have your powerful love for him. Would you like to share the website?

o

Thank you for that beautiful poem..I think I'm going to frame it and hang it in Bryce's bedroom. I do feel him with me everyday. It is coming on year 2 now since he left us..Less than 3 months. I do dread that day. It's so painful sometimes & I miss him as much today as I did when it all happened. I'm sorry to hear you are in the same situation. I also keep his memory alive every day but talking to him & telling him how much I will always love him. Our newborn twins will always know everything about their big brother. I know he's with us. Thanks again for the poem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here