SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dorene07

I lost my mother....am I wrong?

dorene07
16 years ago

Hi All,

on Monday June 4, 2007 I received a phone call from my brother in Florida that my mother who has been suffering for 5 weeks with neck pain was taken to the hospital for the 2nd time in 1 day. On Wednesday the 6th, I was notified that she had cancer. She died this past Sunday on the 10th. She was 83 years old and no one knew she was sick.

I have a delima...and need your opinion. There are 5 of us kids...I live the furthest away. She is being transported back to our home town in Ohio...and it is taking 3 days. My (only) sister, 2nd and 3rd brother are driving in from Florida (they went to see her and the rest of us were not told we were needed there. They are stopping in Hilton Head for a mini vacation before they arrive in Ohio late Thursday night. They will meet with the funeral director (my oldest brother and I have no say so in the matter) on Friday. The viewing is on Sunday (Fathers Day) and the Funeral is to be on Monday the 18th (which is my middle sons 18th birthday).

Am I wrong for refusing to bury my mother on my sons birthday? My son doesn't like the idea of remembering his 18th birthday as the day he burried his grandmothe either.

I have voiced my opinion to the family only to be told so what....am I wrong? Am I being the baby again (which I am the youngest of the kids)?

Please someone tell me to grow up if needed and shut up.

Thanks,

Dorene07

Comments (8)

Sponsored