SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prissc

My Mom Died eight hours ago : (

prissc
17 years ago

My Dad and I took care of Mom for ten months , she had alzheimers , I moved to help my Dad leaving my husband to take care of himself for the time ...We took turns visiting each other once a month so that was good ......Mom never had a mean streak with the illness so common with alzheimers but of course it was awful anyway . I ate with then as time went by fed Mom her meals..She quit eating and drinking 3 days ago , unable to swallow any longer : ( but still i sat in there with her because i had been doing it for so long now it did not feel right not to be with her at supper tonight , half way through our meal my Mom quit breathing .... I called my Dad away from the table where he was having supper with other family members ...He came in and i said Dad i think Mom is dead ...and indeed she was .......I also had my brother check to make for sure 100% because when i huged Mom she made a breathing noise but my brother said yes Mom is dead .....i feel like i want to die now ... I can hardly stand the though of not having a Mom ......They came a hour latter and took Mom and there are no words to describe how awful that was .....well thats about it ...

Prissc

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!