Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
6 months...barely

Posted by piscesmaxx (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 23, 07 at 2:36

It has just passed the 6 month mark on the death of my best friend of 18 years. I am at a loss daily. I talk to his sister, mom, dad, our other friends...nothing makes me feel better. He was my best friend, my soul-mate, my rock, my hero, my guide in this world...my everything. I just don't know how to keep from randomly crying when I hear songs he loved or think of things we did together. I just want this part to be over so that I can continue on with my life. I think about him so much that it is distracting me, I am on meds to counter my own depression and anxiety, I am just not getting where I need to be.
I recently did a 20 mile walk in NYC to raise money and awareness for depression and suicide, as he was subjet to both in his life, as am I. He was always the one I went to when I was down and now, everyone is leaning on me for support and I just don't know how to help, considering I am just as messed up as they are. I think I should be getting therapy, but I just don't have the money. I think I should be spending more time doing things to occupy my time, but I just want to sit and stare at the computer screen. My house is a mess! My love life is non-existant. My relations with others has been sacraficed, because I am afraid to be too close with them, fearing that maybe they, too, will fall asleep at the wheel and I will never see them again. My Tom is gone and I fear he took the best of me with him. When does this start to get easier? When do I stop crying? When does "normal" happen again?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 6 months...barely

My condolences to you, piscesmaxx. Grieving is different for everyone, and can take a long time.
If counseling is out of the question due to financial reasons, contact a local Hospice in your area. They typically offer bereavement support groups, and usually anyone can go for free, whether or not their loved one was a hospice patient. Just an idea. They are VERY helpful. Also, the hospice will have very good booklets and other support tools to help you cope.

o
RE: 6 months...barely

Honey, I can relate to what you are going through - I am just barely 2 1/2 months out - my husband, hero and best friend died of pancreatic cancer on April 17, '07.

If you need someone to talk to, please email me. I am so sorry for the loss you have experienced - it's not easy to cope from day to day, but we must maintain. It's difficult, I know!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here