Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Helping Each Other for Mother's Day

Posted by mariong (My Page) on
Thu, May 8, 08 at 23:23

Just wanted to check with Duane - and anyone else having to deal with a first Mother's Day without their Mom.

Today has been one of my worse days - It is just this evening that I have been able to pull myself together.

I can't really think of anything up beat to say - Really just wanted to check on Duane.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Helping Each Other for Mother's Day

Hi Marion. I know how those days can be. Not that it is upbeat in anyway but I think we have to have those days....just to let it out. Cry, wail, cry some more. It makes you feel raw and I think after everything it is therapeutic. It's funny the last 2 years I didn't have a real issue with Mothers Day. My thought was I miss my mom every second of every day. I miss her on Mothers Day too, but the day before and the day after is the same thing too.

This year I'm just going to stay busy and get the day over with. Then move on. Now I'm sitting here crying all over again.

If I have any advice I would just say keep busy on Sunday. Honor your mom by being the good person she raised you to be. Do a good deed, whether for yourself or someone else or both. Call an old friend you haven't spoken to for a while. Or take an elderly person to lunch. Indulge yourself and see a movie or plant some flowers or a tree for you mom.

You will get through it. We are here for you.

Duane

o

Duane, that is some great advice! Your words "you will get through it" are important because when we avoid grief, we don't heal, so we have to plow right through it!
I have a double whammy on Mother's Day, my mom passed away 5 1/2 years ago and my daughter 3 years ago today........but I try to focus on my surviving daughter on that day as much as I can and remember the others however I can.......Angela

o

Angela, I am so sorry about your mom and daughter. Losing a child is just wrong and not the way the order of things should be. God above has a master plan that one day will be revealed to all of us. I think this life on earth is just one stepping stone on an eternal spirtual journey. And we will be reunited with our loved ones that have transitioned before us. Bless you and thank you for your kinds words.

Duane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here