SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
atrak_gw

I have found hope in losing my mother-advice for others

atrak
16 years ago

Hi all

I am 16 years old and today is the death anniversity of my mom. i lost her 14 years ago to a car accident in which she suffered serious head injury. Usually, i feel devastated on these days, but today i feel more hopeful than ever. this post is less of a problem and more of advice to others greiving out there.

I really do not know why my mother was taken from me at such a young age but I have learned immensely from this expierence over the years. Time heals all wounds is only half true. Time does make these situations better, but you have to make a decision within yourself to let go, and more importantly, to be happy. Being happy is a choice and you must choose to smile, and laugh, and believe that life goes on. I know this sounds like nonsense to those out there who have just recently lost someone, but it is true.

I woke up today and I said to myself "I don't want to be sad," so I chose to be happy. There is such a feeling of empowerment when you decide your life is in your own hands. So first I send my deepest condolences to everyone who has recently lost someone, and second I want to tell all of you, that when you are ready, you can choose to be happy again. Dealing with death can be unbearable, but I'm sure your own loved ones would want to see you smiling again.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!