Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A sign for Mother's Day

Posted by alisande (My Page) on
Fri, May 11, 07 at 17:23

Yesterday I posted a question on GardenWeb about a rose I was thinking of buying. It turned out to be not hardy enough for my location, but someone mentioned another possibility called Abbaye de Cluny. She said it was fairly hardy and extremely beautiful. I'm an avid "rose reader," but I'd never heard of it, and didn't think any more about it. I had other roses on my wish list.

This afternoon I expected to be out and about in one direction, but got unexpectedly diverted to another town. Through a series of small but unusual events I found myself driving past a nursery that has some pretty nice stuff. I never buy there because I'm frugal and they're expensive, but I sometimes look. Today I was tired and it was hot, so the place really didn't tempt me.

However, my car apparently didn't get that message, because it turned into the entrance. I got out and wandered in...and came face-to-face with Abbaye de Cluny potted, healthy looking, with big fat apricot buds.

Being a big believer in signs (as opposed to coincidence, which I don't believe in at all), I plunked down my money and took my rose home.

In the car, I realized that Abbaye de Cluny is my Mother's Day gift from my daughter Gillian, who died six years ago. It's definitely something she would have picked out.

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers on the forum.

Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A sign for Mother's Day

What a wonderful story, Gillian is certainly with you.

I want to add my wish for a Happy Mother's Day to everyone.

Mavis

o

What a wonderful gift Susan! That is definitely a sign that your daughter is with you!! Hope you have a great Mother's Day!

o

What a gift to you. Treasure your new rose bush & care for it with love.
My son passed away two years ago 6-4-05. The last Mothers day gift I recieved from him was a rose bush. I still have the card he brought me with that gift. Living in Minnesota the rose bush did'nt make it through our winters but I have a beautiful picture of a bloom from that bush.
I too believe in signs, I havent seen any in a while. I do know my sons love is always with me.
Bless you on this Mothers Day and appreciate all of the other loved ones you have in your life. Life is very fragile. We do know that.
Happy Mothers Day,
Carolk2005

o

Oh, SUSAN! This is a WONDERFUL story - thank you for sharing it with those of us who also mourn the loss of our loved one.

o

May that rose always comfort your heart.

I believe in signs too, although I would not let signs run my life, but I definitely believe they often point the way. We just have to pay attention and watch for them.

Best wishes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here