SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

A sign for Mother's Day

alisande
16 years ago

Yesterday I posted a question on GardenWeb about a rose I was thinking of buying. It turned out to be not hardy enough for my location, but someone mentioned another possibility called Abbaye de Cluny. She said it was fairly hardy and extremely beautiful. I'm an avid "rose reader," but I'd never heard of it, and didn't think any more about it. I had other roses on my wish list.

This afternoon I expected to be out and about in one direction, but got unexpectedly diverted to another town. Through a series of small but unusual events I found myself driving past a nursery that has some pretty nice stuff. I never buy there because I'm frugal and they're expensive, but I sometimes look. Today I was tired and it was hot, so the place really didn't tempt me.

However, my car apparently didn't get that message, because it turned into the entrance. I got out and wandered in...and came face-to-face with Abbaye de Cluny  potted, healthy looking, with big fat apricot buds.

Being a big believer in signs (as opposed to coincidence, which I don't believe in at all), I plunked down my money and took my rose home.

In the car, I realized that Abbaye de Cluny is my Mother's Day gift from my daughter Gillian, who died six years ago. It's definitely something she would have picked out.

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers on the forum.

Susan

Comments (5)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor