Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Almost 2 years

Posted by brycesmommy (My Page) on
Fri, May 26, 06 at 17:19

I haven't been here as much as I used to but every once in a while I'll come & see how everyone is doing. It's always sad to see new people...

The last couple weeks have been especially hard for us as it's almost 2 years since Bryce left us (June 10)...It's so hard to believe it was that long ago already.

I've been feeling a little down lately because I feel like I'm forgetting little things about him...Like his contagious laugh..I would give anything to hear it one more time or feel one of his hugs again..

On a more positive note...The twins are about 3 1/2 months old now & growing fast..I talk about Bryce to them all the time..They will grow up knowing all about their big brother, who I'm sure is & always will be watching over them.

Hope everyone is doing well...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Almost 2 years

Hi Brycesmommy,
It's such a sad date to have to even acknowledge, but I know how you feel. I was the same on my birthday, April 2, since that was the last time I saw Erica alive, and her birthday was May 14, and then her 1 year anniversary is coming up soon, close to Bryce's, June 4th. I will be thinking of you on June 10th. Erica would have been 19 this year. I'm sure she's looking over Bryce, as she always small children. Bryce will always remain alive in your hearts, and I am glad you talk to the twins about him. With twins, I wouldn't expect you to be online a whole lot, but it's good to hear from you, and that the twins are doing well. I know what you mean about forgetting little things, and that worries me. I hate it. But I'll never forget her love, as you will never forget Bryce's. Their footprints are forever on our hearts. Hugs...
Emma in PA

o

Thanks Emma..I'll be thinking about you on June 4th.

o

When Christin first left us, it was hard to live from minute to minute. Now, I can't believe that it's been 8 years. I can understand how you feel. As time goes by, it's frightening to me when I feel that I am slowly forgetting things about her and her life and feeling a distance from her, even though I still love her so very much and miss her also. I guess time numbs us to so many things. It's hard to explain, but those who have gone many years without loved ones, probably know what I mean.
What a blessing for you to have your two little babies. Bryce is definitely looking over them, and always will.
I hope that they will help comfort you on June 10.
Lu

o

So glad you checked in Brycesmommy. Good to hear the babies are doing well. You must be so very busy...very little time for the computer, I'm sure. Take care.

o

Hi...it's so good to hear from you. Glad to hear the babies are doing so well. I'll be thinking of you June 10; our "heaven date" is June 17, and it will be three years since Dave and Millie died. I'm so glad that your little ones are learning about their precious big brother. We mention Millie often to our granddaughter who's almost 3. She was born 2 weeks before we lost Dave and Millie, and without her, I don't know where we'd be. How blessed you are to have your little ones.

o

Dear Bryce's Mommy. I am glad to hear from you. I remember your angush and pain. I am glad it has lessened. Today is July 4th, my Father's birthday. He's been in heaven now about 4-5 years. I quietly said "Happy Birthday Daddy" this AM to him. I'm sure my family would not understand. AM

o

Hi AM..Thanks for the message..I still have moments that are more painful then others (that will never change)..But we have found ways to get through the days while celebrating Bryce's life at the same time. Not a second goes by that he isn't in my mind..I know he's with me in my heart & with our family..I miss him terribly. I hope you have found peace & know your father is with you as well..Take care.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here