Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not quite grieving...

Posted by coldbullet1 (My Page) on
Fri, May 12, 06 at 13:05

My cusion has cystic fybrosis (sorry if thats spelt wrong), i dont even understand what it is and no one will tell me. Anyway, i am really close to my cusion and i am going to miss him as he is going to die within the year... he isnt my real cusion he is my foster cusion, but no the less i really will miss him :(... he is like my last realitive i am close to...
i really dont know how to deal with the fact he will be gone soon... i really really want advice on how to cope when he is gone... im only 14 and i have lost my whole family and now i dont want to lose someone else...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not quite grieving...

Yes, you will be very sad when your cousin dies. Spend time with your cousin. Let him know that you will miss him. Hug your cousin as often as you can. In your own loving way, say goodbye to him. My heart goes out to you. You will be glad later on if you are able to be loving and honest with your cousin and yourself while there is still time. You will miss your cousin--you will be very sad. Let yourself feel those feelings, it's ok to feel sad. It is ok to let people that are in your life right now, know how you feel.

o

I'm sorry about your cousin's illness. I am so sorry that you feel all alone in this life and especially after he is gone. I agree with BrassTacks. Let him know how much you love him and do all you can for him now. You don't want to have any regrets later. No one will ever take the place of those whom we love who have gone before us, but there are many other people in this world whom we can love and be close to. There are a lot of very lonely people in this world who would love to have you as a friend. Someday, you will meet someone whom you will want to marry and spend the rest of your life with. You will also be able to have your very own children who will love you and you will love them more than you've ever loved anyone in this world. Don't give up on life. Although we all would rather keep our loved ones here with us, that's not the way it works in this life. You can always keep your cousin in your heart when he is no longer with you, and you will see him again someday when God is ready to take you to heaven.
We will be here for you.
You may want to "meet" my precious 19 year old daughter who has gone before me. Just click on her site. I can't wait to see her again!
Lu

Here is a link that might be useful: Christin Cosby Memorial Web Site

o

It's "Cystic fibrosis" ... a lung problem.

Look it up on Google, and there are lots of sites about it.

o

I am very sorry about your cousin. Are you in foster care? You must have a case worker. If I were you, I would tell my case worker about my feelings, and ask if it would be possible for me to talk to a counselor. We all want to "fix" things, and feel so powerless when we can't. You sound like a very compassionate and kind person. Just being around your cousin and spending time with him is probably the best gift you can give him. He is lucky to have such a good and caring friend. I hope your case worker can help you find someone to help you.

o

coldbullet, Nikoleta said just exactly what I would have said to you. ((coldbullet))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here