Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why is this forum so slow? Marion where are you?

Posted by dukerdawg (My Page) on
Thu, May 22, 08 at 7:52

Okay, I come here for inspiration and sometimes to let it out and just cry. How can so much time go by without anyone posting? Where is everybody and give us an update on how you are doing. Please. I need you kind people!

Duane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why is this forum so slow? Marion where are you?

Hi Duane
I was wondering the same thing - why is this forum so slow.... I come here for help also - but I have found the Hello from Heaven message board also. It has alot of people who have stories that will inspire you to move on - Yes - we all still need to let it out and cry - but take a look at that message board and let me know what you think. So many people have had great experiences. What keeps me going every day is knowing my Mom - who suffered from depression, diabetes, and arthritis is free from pain and is healthy and in a place of great love - watching over me. Our Mom's don't want us to be so sad - they want us to live life - to love others and do what we can to help one another. I miss my Mom so much and am so tortured by thinking about how much more I should have done for her not knowing she would pass. So I have learned my lesson - and am not so busy with "work" anymore and find pleasure in taking the time to help someone.
So.... if you feel like checking out that board - I would be interested in your thoughts.
Remember - your Mom is with you. Her visit to your sister tells you she is with all of you - and happy and whole - You will be together again - but until then you have a purpose here on earth.

o

Marion, thanks for checking in. Your words are truly inspiring. I am going to check that other message board and get back with you. Bless you...and I hope everyone here has a nice holiday weekend.

Duane

o

well i'm here, i check everyday and haven't seen many posting either, i thought to myself, maybe these people don't like me and they don't want me to post.
it is cold here still in northern canada, the buds are just coming out on the trees. i was going to have a get to gether for Al last year in our backyard, we have this massive apple tree that was his pride and joy, do you know that there wasn't one apply on that tree, it was like the tree knew Al wasn't there, so we didn't have the memorial service. i am still going through the house -- i guess spring cleaning, and donating things. i still am not sleeping well atr night and read till about 3 or 4 in the morning so i sleep until 3-4 in the afternoon, so my schedule is not there anymore. i think i might still be playing catchup, Al was an early riser and me being his caregiver, i think took alot out of me. my car broke down on may 23, our son's 25th birthday, so i ended up getting a new starter, good thing it was still under warranty, but it still almost cost 100.00. to top it off, when the tow truck took my car to the garage, and i phoned to see if it was ready, they couldn't find my car (lol-it's a neon i was hoping someone stole it, but no luck). i got my hair cut and coloured, too feel more human, and i am making myself put on makeup everyday. i have even started knitting again, but i am still so lost.

enjoy the day, i'm going to tend to my pernnials that have been neglected for afew years.

debbie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here