Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
just checking in

Posted by tjmondragon (My Page) on
Tue, May 16, 06 at 1:23

Well I know im not leonard's mother but mothers day was a really difficult day. I was just telling my sister I cant wait until the holidays are over and she said they never end they just get easier.They are real hard. Then I wake up this morning to a frantic phone call, it was my sister telling me that they were taking leonard crosses off the highway and that hurt so much that is the only way I can go that way I cant go by with it looking so bare and empty like no one cares about him.I just feel like everyone is going to say tracy dont even care anymore when that is not true I still cry everyday. I talked to the cdot workers that took them down and they said a lady called and complained because not everyone is religious and she didnt want to see crosses on the highway. She could have just looked away. They didnt only take mine they took every cross off the highway thru town because of one lady. So now its empty and there is nothing there to pay tribute to him. it hurts so bad what should I do? I also wanted to let everyone know my son M.J started counseling last week today is his second appt.I have been trying real hard to take baby steps but july is coming and I dont know what I will do that day. Thank you all again for always giving me great advise. And lu, I went to Christins web sight again she is so beautiful and so is the sight.you know her birthday is one day before mine but two years later she is so pretty. Thank you for putting the address again.

Tracy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: just checking in

Hey, Tracy. I can certainly understand how you feel. We have had to put Christin's (and Zack's) crosses up a couple of times after they have been hit by cars. This last time, they just disappeared and we're wondering if it was the city that took them down or what. They have been important to us, but as time has gone by, not as important as they were at first. We will probably put them up again sometime later, but it is just not real pressing to us anymore. We know where she is in our hearts, and we know that eventually we will be the last ones to remember her. Unfortunately, it is just reality. I definitely understand your hurt, though. A couple of years after Christin left, we thought that they would be making a four lane where she was hit and we were devastated to think that the crosses would be moved. So many things ease as time goes on. I just call it "surrendering" to it all.
Thank you so much for going back to Christin's site and for your sweet compliment. I didn't realize that your birthdays were so close.
Just keep taking one step, one day at a time, and keep the faith.
Lu

o
RE: just checking in

Could you plant some sort of flower there that would bloom every year? That way that "lady" wouldn't have to look at a cross, and yet every year you'd be able to be reminded of Leonard? Something that spreads? I'm not sure where you live, but I bet a garden center could give you a good recommendation. Something really colorful that would take over Lavender comes to mind or something orange, think of his favorite color, and plant something that is his favorite color, plant it back far enough back so it won't be mowed down, or make it a low to the ground plant so it won't matter if thye mow, it'll still be there! Every year it'll come back, a constant reminder to everyone of your love for Leonard.

I think what that lady did was awful, here in MN we have many crosses and reminders for people, and it has nothing to do with religion, as much as reminders of loved ones lost.

Vickey-MN

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here