SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoakie2601

Grieving time

hoakie2601
16 years ago

My husband and I have been married 5 months. A little back ground, his wife passed away 14 months prior to that. She has 2 daughters that my husband thinks of as his own.

My question is. The youngest daughter will call him all histerical crying and saying she wants her mother back and she misses her. She will call 2 or 3 times in a day like this. Mothers day was bad. She called Saturday 6 times crying her eyes out and again 2 or 3 times on Sunday.

He tells her that she needs to remember the good times and not focus on the ill times. But is this normal. I know everyone grieves differently. My grandmother died and she was the person that mainly raised me. I grieved but not for a year and a half and not to the extreme she is. I feel like she is trying to put a guilt trip on my husband because she wants to come back here and live in the house he shared with her mother.

When he told her we are in the process of trying to sell the home she had a fit telling him that he could not sell the house because this was her mothers house. A house they bought together. That the house had too many memories in it and it could never be sold.

I feel like she is living in the past. Its got to the point that her 7 year old daughter has dreams about her grandma and they set around and talk about her like she is still alive.

I would like to hear your input on this. I am not looking to get bashed for asking these questions. I know it gets to my husband because he is trying to move on and she is always calling bring everything to the surface again.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner