Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lessening grieve-one experience

Posted by xminion (My Page) on
Tue, May 23, 06 at 0:33

hi all,

When I was in my 20's (some time ago) i received a call from my mother's boss at 9:00AM telling me she had not
shown up for work that day. I went to her bedroom, and
saw her sleeping all bundled up in blankets (it was March). I started to shake her, yelling, "Wake up - you're late for work!" Only she wasn't just late, or sleeping.

The grief was excrutiating. I could barely function. Every day for months I was exhausted and depressed and cried for hours on end. One day, around the 9th month since her passing, I was crying my eyes out as usual.

Then, an epiphany happened. Something or someone talked to me in a calm but stern tone of voice and warned me that my mother could not pass into a higher realm because my constant grieving was keeping her attached closer to the earth plane - and she must go soon to a higher realm. i know this sounds crazy, but that experience had a therapeutic affect. Shortly thereafter, very slowly, I started putting my life back together.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lessening grieve-one experience

I'm sorry about your mom and that you had to find her.
I have had an experience hearing a message in a very stern voice after Christin passed away.
I'm glad that you got this message and that it has helped you.
LU

Here is a link that might be useful: Christin Cosby Memorial Web Site

o

That's wonderful xminion. I wish you a well. Thanks for sharing your experience. I know it will help others.

o

Thank you for sharing your story. I have heard something similiar before, and it makes sense to me. Sorry for the loss of your mother, mine passed away also when I was 19.

o

My mother passed away last year in the same way. My stepfater found her in the morning when she didn't get up to shut the alarm off like she did every other single day of her life. I'm in my late 20's and the whole experience eats away at me everyday. It gets a little easier with time, but I'll never be the same. The day she died a piece of me went with her.

o

My Mum died in her sleep also, but I think that was a good way to go. I know that sounds harsh, but it could have been a lot worse.

Jenniferw..."she died a piece of me went with her." Remember your Mum lives on in you as well, she will always be there with you throughout your life. Thats a great comfort for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here