Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Darling Husband is gone

Posted by kayjones (plant_lady2@hotmail.com) on
Sun, Apr 22, 07 at 19:44

I know some of you were praying, along with me and our family, on my husband's behalf, and we thank you SO MUCH! Gary passed away, from the deadly disease called pancreatic cancer, last Tuesday night at 11:51 pm. This is the most HORRIBLE death imaginable!!!!

We are taking it one day at a time, but I still call out to him and think of him constantly. I miss him so much - it's all the little things he did for my stepson and me, all the things we did together - WOW, this is tough!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Darling Husband is gone

Kay

No more suffering for him.

Tough time for you, you are right to take each day as it comes.

All the best to your and your stepson.

Popi

o

Kay,
I am SO sorry, I prayed SO hard for him. I suffered with my darling through pancreatic cancer and it is horrible. I am crying for you, I don't know what else to do. I will keep you in my prayers.
With love and hugs,
Mavis

o

Kay, how good of you to thank us at this time. By all means talk to your husband all you like. Write to him if that feels good. And be open to whatever signs he may be able to give you.

You have our sympathy.

Susan

o

Kay, My husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 5 days before he was to retire. He was 62. It came out of no where. He passed 9 1/2 months later. I can relate to all that you and yours have been through. Please accept my heartfelt prayers and thoughts. (((HUGS))) Carol

o

Carol, I am so sorry that you had to lose your husband to this horrific disease. You are right - it is a killer in the night - doesn't present itself until it is ready to kill.

Mavis, you and I have already chatted, and again - I am so terribly sorry that you lost your husband to this greedy cancer.

Instead of worrying about global warming, and it's effects on humanity a thousand years from now, how come they don't concentrate on saving PEOPLE NOW?!

I think priorities are a bit mixed up!

o

Carol, email me if you can find time - How Are you?

o

Carol,I want to add my condolences. How are you doing? I know you feel like your heart has been ripped right out of you.Kay calls it a greedy cancer, it sure is. My husband died of pancreatic cancer at 62, 6 1/2 months ago, I had him for 18 months after his diagnosis but he suffered much.We are here if need to talk to us, it helps when someone else knows what you are going through.

Kay, How are you doing? I pray for everyone on this forum for healing of our broken hearts and for the pain to ease.

God Bless, Mavis (ganna@optonline.net)

o

Mavis, thank you for asking about us. Yesterday was a 'boo-hoo' day, wrought with frustrations. SO FAR, today is going well. I just take it as it comes and deal with it, sometimes dealing ok and most times, not. I just pray a lot and keep as busy as I can. Hugs to you. HOW ARE YOU?

o

Mavis, I thank you for asking about me and caring. I sent you an e-mail.
Kay, I thank you also for asking and caring about me and I sent you an e-mail.
Remember, we are never alone. I send my thoughts and prayers to all who are grieving. God Bless, Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here