SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenniferw_gw

That Time Of Year Again

jenniferw
16 years ago

Well, May 12th is fast approaching and I'm dreading it just as much as I did last year. This will be the second anniversary of my mother's death and while I feel I've come a long way in coping with my grief, there are times when it still feels fresh and raw. Lately I catch myself thinking about her more than usual and there are even times when I tear up in public at the thought of her. I thought I was past that stage, but I guess not. I find myself somewhat angry that she passed and that she's not here to share all of the wonderful things in my life with me. I never really felt angry with her for dying until just lately and I'm wondering why now?

In any case, I can't make the anniversary of her death go away, so I'll just have to try and deal with it in a positive way. It falls on a Sat. this year so I'm thinking of going to the lake where I think my stepfather scattered her ashes (yes, it's true...I don't know what became of my mother's remains due to my stepfather's lack of heart) and maybe have a picnic with my husband and son in her honor. Also, my husband and I bought our first house this past Nov. so we're doing a lot of work outside. I think I may plant a little garden in the corner in her memory.

Comments (6)

Sponsored