Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What Did You Do for Easter?

Posted by Lulie___Wayne (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 27, 05 at 22:50

Hey, Everyone. Looks like it's pretty slow over here again. I hope that everyone managed to get through Easter Sunday without too, too, much grief. I know it's hard. Even though Easter is supposed to remind us of our eternal life, it's still not easy spending holidays without our loved ones.
I spent time with family as well as visiting my mom and Christin at the cemetery.
Check in everyone, if you can.
Lu

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What Did You Do for Easter?

Even before I lost my daughter and my husband's health deteriorated, Easter became a sad holiday for me. My father died on Easter, my mother two years later. I missed my parents, and I missed my small children. No more packages from Florida with Easter dresses for the girls. No more phone calls to discuss the cooking of ham or turkey. No more egg hunts on the lawn.

So somewhere along the line I stopped thinking about it as a holiday. This year my son stopped by with a hyacinth plant for me, and we ate some of the tofu I was cooking. Then he had dinner with his girlfriend at her mother's house. My daughter had dinner with her boyfriend at his mother's house. I fed my dogs and cats.

Susan

o

Lu, 5 days before Easter was 10 years that my Mother passed away. So I went to my Mother's grave site and put flowers
on her and Daddy's grave. Also my Grandparents graves too
since they are at the same place. Then I went to my Grandson's
wreck site and put flowers and a angle there at one of his
crosses. Then I took flowers to my daughter Brenda's grave
and talked to her and cried. It has been 5 months since I
lost her. On Easter Sunday we had the family over and it
was not the same without Danny and Brenda. And it never will be ever again.

o

The day before Easter was the first time I visited my mother's grave since we buried her in September. I can safely say I was not ready until that point. I left some flowers and some palm from church that we had received on Palm Sunday. Now I am going to call up the guy at the memorials place and make final arrangements to order her headstone. The grave (my father is there, too) is currently marked by a veterans marker with both their names on it, but I want a real headstone. I met with him in February but again, was not ready until now to actually order it. I guess we can only do what we are ready to do at each stage.

o

Hi Lulie_Wayne...Just a thank you for the kind advice you've offered me and others who have lost a child. You're an inspiration to me. Your nice thoughts have helped me a lot. Many thanks, and you're in my prayers. Susan

o

Susan, I just emailed you! :-)
Lu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here