SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
misty416

Can these tears stop falling?

misty416
19 years ago

Alot of loss has happened in my life in the past 2 years.My mom died of cancer 1 1/2 years ago suddenly and unexpectedly.She was diagnosed with the cancer on my birthday and died 6 weeks later.I had no idea she was sick--mom was a very active lady.Birthdays are not the same for me now with increased saddness.Dad died in October 2004 and i shared alot of wonderfl times with him before his death.Dad died peacefully in his sleep.I recently ended a 3 year relationship with a wonderful man who has the disease of alcoholism and denies it.I do attend Al-Anon meetings.All different emotions surfaced after the relationship ended.I think i am grieving all the losses now at one time--kind of a delayed reaction if possible.I know what i am feeling is normal (sadness,depression,anger,disorganization,guilt,and lack of self-esteem.I cannot stop crying and it comes over me at no set time.I cry wherever over these feelings of grief.I don't know if i can make it thru.I am a nurse 26 years and have dealt with alot of death and dying.Nothing can prepare you,and it is so different when it is a much loved family member.Ending the relationship is also a loss and last year i lost my job in June 2004.I recently started a new job which i feel is good for me because it gets me out of the house.I am glad i had the time off from June-Febuary to spend with my dad.I have no family left now--although i have a brother we are not close at all.I feel so lonely and the pain in my heart is stabbing.Will this ever subside?? When i think i am all cried out the tears start all over again.Thank you for allowing me to vent,and God bless.Maryann

Comments (7)

Sponsored