SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tooliveischrist

The lost of my lil' angel

tooliveischrist
17 years ago

When i found out i was pregnant for the 3rd time , I was so happy. My kids were also happy to learn they would have another sibling, one they can play with and grow up with. My other two were 4 and 3 years old at that time. I was due in Dec. I found out it would be a boy and i was very excited to bring him into this world. At this point in time i was having a lot of problems in my relationship and looked forward to my bundle of joy. Dec. 9, 2000 @ 10 am i started feeling contractions , i rushed to the hospital and at 1:30 pm delivered a healthy baby boy. He was gorgeous, green eyes, light brownish hair , he was so precious. Family and friends came to visit what was one of the most precious babies delivered that day. I was such a proud mom. The day came when i took him home, my kids were eager to feed him, change his diaper and wrap up his christmas presents for what would be his first christmas. After all the sadness i was experincing before i had him, i finally felt so happy. I took him to his first appointment and i was told he was healthy and in good shape. On New Years eve night, i noticed my baby making a strange noise, I went to check up on him and he seemed to be okay, he woke up and i fed him. We were supposed to go out and celebrate with family members but because my two other kids were getting over a cold and my baby was an infant i decided to stay home with them and celebrate with them there. Through the night my baby who was only 3 weeks old, continued making that strange noise, i decided to call the doctor , left a message and the doctor on call returned my call shortly after. I explained what was going on and mentioned my 2 other kids were getting over a cold if it was possible my baby might be catching a cold? She adviced me to give him pediacare, give him saline drops for his nose and turn on a humidifier. I did all she adviced me to do. He continued making the same noise and i again called the doctor and asked if i should call an ambulance and take him to the hospital, i had no car at that time, she said no, that he would be okay that newborn babies made funny noises. I took her word for it because she was the " doctor ". Now, i have made a lot of mistakes during my life time but the biggest one was trusting her , that mistake cost me my son's life. The next day , he woke up to drink his formula,change his diaper and played with him while he stood up, he seemed fine, he then fell asleep in his rocker and i laid by him. That was about 6-7 am. At about 10 am , he was up again, i felt him moving and when i looked he had his eyes open looking at me, i started making funny faces at him, and doing that baby talk that us mothers do for our kids, and he smiled at me, oh i would never forget that smile. I played w/ him a bit and a while after he was asleep again. He always slept alot being that he was a newborn and i thought nothing of it , just that. Finally, noon time came and i thought i get him up to feed him , bath him and get him dress since it was new years day and he had a very nice outfit to wear. Grandma was coming over ! I started calling him by his nickname " Pupy " and he would not get up, i lifted him up and his little body was limp , he wasnt responding to me, i started panicking, crying out for him to wake up, i knew something was wrong, i called 911 and they told me to pinch his leg to see if he would react to it, he didnt, i then pinched him harder and still no reaction, i heard a knock and it was the police , they quickly started giving my baby CPR and i heard them saying he had a pulse, i thought what is wrong with my lil' angel, the paramedis came and rushed right out with him. I was yelling for them to please tell me what was wrong with him but instead the police asked me a few questions and offered to drive me and my kids to the hospital, i called my mother from the officers cell phone and when i got to the hospital i saw my mother and aunt crying, i asked what was wrong and it was then a nurse came up to me and said " I'm sorry, we tried all we could to bring him back, your baby is gone. I went crazy, asking why, what went wrong ! I hit the nurse, i flipped tables over i yelled asking god why my son !? When i was able to calm down a bit, the police officers wanted to ask me some questions, they said they were following procedures, which i understood but wished they would give me some time to gather myself up. Shortly after, the nurse asked me to go see him, to hold him one last time, i couldn't believe it, my son was gone, he was laying down in a deep sleep , i took him in my arms and held him for a very long time, asking god to please make him come back to me, i waited and waited but my son wouldnt wake up he was gone. I was told he dies of SIDS, for 3 months i believed that was the cause of his death until i got a call from my lawyer and he told me he dies of bronchial pmenonia ( mispelled ). He also said my baby suffered a period of 24 hours. I was devestaded. I wanted to curl up in a ball and just cry. I wanted to die and go with him but my other 2 kids were my strenght and they pulled me through. Is been 6 years and i still cry myself to sleep knowing my baby is gone, knowing he suffered, i feel quilty because i shouldnt of believe the doctor and should of called that ambulance. yet i trusted her. Today, i suffer from depression, i have lost interested in a lot of things i enjoyed long ago. I hate feeling this way, i want this feeling to go away but is so hard to fight it. I am constantly worrying about what can happen to my kids who are now 8 & 10 yrs old , i worry when they are at school, and am constantly having bad thoughts about what if... I know he is in a better place today but i will never stop asking myself, why me, why my baby ... I loved him so, still do, always will...

I know i will find some comfort in sharing my story with others and i know that any feedback will help me through this bumpy road thats always going to follow me. Thanks for listening to my story.

God bless you all.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio