SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
farfrae

should I call or write this person? to help with closure

farfrae
11 years ago

I dated a guy that I really cared about in my senior year of high school. But when his family moved that was the end of it. This was 25 years ago. Broke my heart at that time. I finished college, got married, but that marriage did not last. About 10 years after I last saw him he was back in town but I did not know. He was in trouble with drugs and took his own life. If I had known he was in town I would have reached out to help him even if my marriage was really good.

Fast forward, I am now in a healthy marriage. But I think I never grieved properly for both the time he left after high school and when he died.
Just a few weeks ago I saw some info about him on a genealogy website. And it hit me hard, kind of like I felt 25 years ago. I have been very emotional about all of this lately. I feel like I need to talk with someone for closure. His sister lives about 4 hrs from me. I was thinking of writing her and sending copies of photos that I have of him. I would just like to talk with someone who could tell me about him and for me to tell her that I remember him fondly.
Do you think I should call or write? I did not know her well back in my high school days because she had left home by then.The whole thing is haunting me. Some people have said this would be healing for both her and me. But I have never been the bold type of person and I am worried about hurting her.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH