SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom24_gw

New to the forum...

mom24
17 years ago

I lost my big sister on October 21, 2006. She was just 47 when she passed very unexpectedly. Some back ground information for you- My sister suffered from depression and drug addiction. I have 4 other siblings and my sister who passed has a grown son who is very much like a younger brother to me. For a long time, I did everything I could think of to help my sister with her problems. One of the problems was that she was in a relationship with a man who had been jailed many, many times for drug sales, guns, etc. In the year before my sister passed, I learned that my grown nephew was fighting a prescription drug addiction and that his suppliers for the drugs included my sister and her boyfriend. I did what I thought was the right thing and threw myself into supporting my nephew and helping him with his addiction. I was angry and hurt that my sister would feed that poison to her son, so I ended communication with her. I and one of my brothers were the only two siblings that communicated regularly with my sister so I felt that if I took that away that it might make her think about what she was doing. I stopped talking to her and she passed away and now the guilt and pain I feel on a daily basis just eat me up. I cry every single day and she died almost 5 months ago now. I tried talking to her and telling her I'm sorry and asking her to forgive me but I don't know if I can forgive myself and I seem to be the only one in the family that struggles with the grief. No one else really talks about her unless I initiate it which makes me feel like I'm dwelling on it. I miss her so much and it just hurts to know she left this earth without knowing that I loved her. Does anyone have any advice for me on howto get past this and continue to live my life? I appreciate all feedback. Thanks

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21