Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i cant accept he is gone

Posted by tanya1980 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 20, 07 at 16:00

Last year in november an ex boyfriend took his own life.Although we were no longer together I still cant accept that he is gone.I keep telling myself that its a mistake and that he is walking around sumwhere and ill see him again onne day.Not a day goes by when I dont think of him,I feel I cant move on.Im jus not ready to accept tht he is gone yet.There are so many unanswered questions ill never know why he did what he did.I will remember him forever and miss him for an eternity.xxxx rip bleu.xxx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i cant accept he is gone

Tanya, I'm so very sorry. Grieving is a very long, slow process, so it's not surprising that you are still feeling so sad. You will miss him forever. He's gone but one thing that will never go away is your love for him.

Could you do something to memorialize his life? Plant something in the yard, make a donation to a charity he liked? Visit or call his family? Sometimes those things can help.

Take care. I know you are hurting.

o

Tanya, please accept the sympathies of each of us on this forum. Please take a look at the link below - it might help. GOD BLESS!

Here is a link that might be useful: Suicide/ survivors website

o

I am so sorry for your loss. I am bewildered as to what is happening in our society today, as suicides just seem to be at alarmingly high rates. I haven't read any factual data, but I am guessing we are at all time high rates throughout our nation in the proportion of people taking their own lives. It has affected our family, and it's hard not to find anyone who hasn't been connected in some way to a victim of this epidemic. My thoughts are with you.
--John

o

I'm so sorry, Tanya. I know that these things are so hard to understand whether it be a tragic accident, an illness or one taking his own life. Even after someone dies after a long illness, we always have unanswered questions... questions that will never be answered. We just have to let them go and try to move forward and remember the good times and all the good things about that person whom we loved so very much.
As someone else mentioned, you may want to memorialize his life in some way. It will most likely promote healing for you.
Lu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here