SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaycurl

where did they go?

kaycurl
17 years ago

This is my first posting here. I lost my brother recently. I'm wondering where everybody is - they sure aren't spending time with me! Actually, I'm not really surprised by this loneliness as this isn't my first experience of grieving. It was just silly of me to hope that it would be easier this time around.

I am an immigrant but I have lived in this community for over thirty years. My Canadian family never met my birth family. That means that friends and neighbours haven't met them either and they are all basically untouched by deaths so far away.

In the 12 days since my brother died no-one has popped in to spend time with me. I have received one phone call and one email offereing sympathy.

When my parents died the same thing happened and I finally went to a grief support group. That was really helpful and now I know more about grief.

Six years ago I started to go to church. The pastors and congregation said many things that made me think this was a great idea. There are quite a lot of people there who act friendly towards me but I guess that is all it is, an act.

When I heard about my brother I emailed the pastor because I learned at the support group that you have to talk about your loss. Haven't heard anything back. Ten days ago I went to one of the group activities at the church and told them about the death in my family and several people came up to me and said they were sorry. The only talking I get to do is telling people that he has died and having them say 'I'm sorry'. I need more than that. There will be another grief support session starting in the fall. Its going to be hard waiting till then.

I'm feeling like a deserted kid.

Kay

Comments (5)

Sponsored