Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just lost my mom.....yesterday

Posted by brennynsmom (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 9, 08 at 11:18

Help. My mom, who was only 62, died suddenly yesterday of a heart attack. Her health had not been great but she was on the upswing and was doing wonderful the day before. I'm devastated and in shock and numb all at the same time, if that makes sense. I have my family here(a very small one) and my husband is ver y good about it all, but I need to talk with people who have been thru this. In all my 42 years, this is the first time I've had to deal with a loss this great. My "mommy". The one who bandaged my scrapes and held me when i cried...no matter my age. I go between waves of unbearable reality and being strong. My 18 yo daughter was extrememly close to her and I worry about her too. I am an only child so I have no siblings to help with this. I just need to hear from people who can tell me what I'm going thru is normal and that it will be ok. I've been looking for a sign that she's ok, but have yet to see anything. After I woke up crying at 4 am, my husband saw a pinpoint flash of light just outside the bedroom door. I saw it once, but never again. I rolled over on my side and a few seconds later my husband saw a small purple light at the foot of the bed. He's never been too receptive to this kind of stuff, but the goosebumps and standing hair on his arms made it evident he'd seen something that shouldn't have been there. There was nothing in our room that could have caused it. A purple/lavender light. My moms favorite flower was a lilac. I really need some encouragement...I feel like my head(and heart) is going to explode.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just lost my mom.....yesterday

Oh sweetie, that was your mom alright, showing you she is still there in spirit with you and always will be. I am so sorry about your mom. Nothing I can say will make it better or bring her back. I wish I could perform that miracle for you. Know she will always be with you and in your heart.

My mom's been gone just over 2 years and I still can't believe it. It is so far from being 'real' in my mind even still. She gave birth to me and was the closest spiritual person to me in my life. It just sucks.

Please take care of yourself.

Duane

o
RE: Just lost my mom.....yesterday

How are you doing since the loss of your precious Mom?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here