SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ejp773

My Glenn is at peace now

EJP773
19 years ago

I just wanted you to know that my beautiful son passed away at home yesterday morning after a courageous battle with cancer. He died with his beautiful wife cuddled in the bed with him and he was holding my hand and looking straight at me as he slipped away. We three had shared so much in the last week that it seemed perfect for us to be together. The strange thing was that Glenn loved thunderstorms and would stand outside to watch the lightning. Yesterday we had a thunderstorm just as he left to the sound of a big clap of thunder - it seemed very appropriate for my big boy.

Today I am spending time on my own. I am heartbroken but numb to an extent but so incredibly proud of both of my boys. Brendan and three of Glenn's friends put their arms around Glenn and helped him walk while he could, pushed the wheelchair when needed and carried and lifted him in the last days. It was bittersweet to watch but I know they all gained from the love and respect they showed to Glenn. Glenn's funeral will be on Wednesday and we have planned a very Glenn funeral so it is a case of getting through the next few days and honouring him with a perfect send-off.

So now I will travel the hard road many of you have travelled.

Elspeth

Comments (12)

Sponsored