Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my dad

Posted by carmenkip (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 20, 05 at 2:43

Today is March 19, 2005 my dads birthday. I just found out today that my dad died 07/06/2003 and I had no idea. So this is really a shocker. I blame myself for not being there. I do not know the circumstances of his death. He died at the age of 90. So he did live a full life and for that I am happy. But now it is a matter of dealing with the pain, grief and guilt. I feel guilty for not being there when he died or not being there for his funeral. I don't even know where he is burried so that i could go there for the closure that I need. So now all I can do is have crying fits that never stop. I cry for awhile then stop then it all starts over again. He wasn't my dad by blood but my dad by heart as he was the one that was always there for me when my own dad and mom had abandoned me. My adopted mom was his ex wife so he bacame daddy and stayed daddy all my life.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my dad

I'm so sorry! I can't imagine how hard this must be on you just finding out this news. I hope that you can find out soon where he is buried and make a visit to him.
We are always here.
Blessings,
Lulie

o
RE: my dad

I am so sorry. this must be so hard to find out this way. it sounds as though you loved him very much. i hope there is someone who can help you find where he is buried. if you found out he passed away, perhaps that person can lead you to find this information. I hope you are able to visit his burial site too and talk to him. he knows you loved him.

deb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here