SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lulie___wayne

Seeing a Loved One After They Passed Away

lulie___wayne
19 years ago

I have heard a few stories of people who have actually seen and visited (telepathically) with loved ones after they have passed away. I know that this type of occurance is very private and sacred to some, but I would love to hear the story of anyone who may have been lucky enough to have experienced such a visit.

I think that hearing these stories are helpful to others who are grieving to reinforce the fact that there is an afterlife and that death is not just the end of it all.

Any shared stories would be respectfully welcomed.

Lu

Comments (186)

• ineedcomicrelief
    8 years ago

I Don't know how to feel about seeing my dead father! We were very close when I was a young girl, When My Mother and Father divorced I didn't see much of him after that, So growing up he was not there, as an Adult he was not there, I always wondered about him and did seek him out, I did find him he was in a Veterans Hospital Psych Ward PTSD amoung other diagnosis, He Was In The Korean War and was pretty messed up, This is the reason my mother divorced him, She kept him from us! Over the years I would go visit him not as often as I should have because of distance and expense,

When my aunt called me to tell me my father died, I really didn't know how to feel my inner child loved that man but the adult me thought he was a total stranger I didn't know him and didn't love him either, So I went to his funeral out of Respect! My Aunts and Uncles were there some I never met before, it was like a family reunion we exchanged phone no. Promising to keep in touch! Well that never happened! Anyway!

When I came home I got out of the elevator I Saw This Black silhouette come from the hallway right past me and go right through my door, I shook it off thinking I must be seeing things, you know you just think your loosing it!

A day later I Was in my dining rm.the light was on in the hallway so my dining rm was dimly lit I just went there to get something and when I went to turn and look up my father was standing there plain as day, I Froze I got so scared so I flipped the light on He Was Gone, That scared me so much that to this day I Will not go into a dimly lit RM I keep lights on day and night!

I think sometimes he came to me to tell me something but I was not receptive and to afraid of the unknown, Freaked Me Out!!

• terriemotley
    7 years ago

He came for a reason. I must agree with you that he wanted to tell you something.

• Related Discussions

Mother passed away on Feb 20, 09

Q

Comments (2)
    Anree, Thank you so much for your comment, I just read it and it made me cry, I love how you said, "My mom not only taught me how to live but she also showed me how to die" I never looked at that way. I agree with you as well, I think my dad and mom are in heaven holding hands and looking down, as I am sure too the soul of my unborn baby is with them. I have no fear of death and truly can not wait for my time to come, I just miss mom so much. I hope the pain lessens in time as each day is spent with tears from missing her. No one can replace your mother or your mother's love. There is such a void in my life, I pray the good Lord fills it with a closer relationship with him, he is the only one who can lessen my pain and give me the unconditional love that I so miss. Thank you again and God bless.
    ...See More

Father passed away when I was 11

Q

Comments (2)
    Yes honey, you can go on. You have seen you Father alive, and now have a confermation that life goes on beyond death. Ask his friends and family to write you his stories. Or to just tell you his stories. It will help you to know him as a man, as a person, as a father. Collect thier memories and all the photos you can get your hands on. Research him. You may not want to hear this part but I have to say it any way so here goes... Stop drinking. It does not help. Getting drunk will break your spirit quicker than anything else you expierence in this life, only you wont see it until its too late. Sending you prayers, and peace of mind. Vicki
    ...See More

My dad passed away

Q

Comments (9)
    I know that I should not hold him at fault, and I don't completely. I know that all the things took time, I just don't understand why he couldn't have just called 911 right then instead of going nextdoor to ask what they thought. And it's not only that he didn't really seem sad hardly at all. My dad had been taking pain killers for many years because he had broken his neck around 1980 and it would still give him pain, he had become addicted to them. A couple of days later we found a whole bottle hidden in my uncles car that were my dads and I know that my dad would not have given them away thats for sure. I can promise that(my dads family has a way of trying to deal with things through alcohol and drugs). And also my dad didn't have one dollar on him and that is unexplanable, my dad always had money on him, always. I don't want to accuse him of stealing from his dead brother, but fact is he is a bum and had been there mooching off my dad for weeks, he had been staying with friends in another town and they had to tell him to leave because he was stealing from them so I wouldn't put it past him. All in all he is my uncle and I love him still and if anything like this did happen I will leave it in gods hands. What I ment when I said that my husband tells me to try not to think about it, was that I will sometimes listen to songs that remind me of him and I will look at his pictures and I will just cry so much, and he tells me that I am making myself more sad by doing that. He has been very wonderful with helping me grieve. We have a 3 year old little girl and she misses her grandpa too very much, she will upset and tell me is sad, I will ask her whats wrong and she will say "I miss pops" thats what she called him. It makes me really sad too when she tells me that. I have always been afraid of those late night calls, I would think about how I would feel if someone close to me died, I never imagened that my dad would go He had always been such a strong man. I think about it still so much almost like it's not real I mean my dad, my dad, he's not just a phone call away anymore or a two hour drive. I really appreciate all of your advice so much, it really helps alot. Thank you all so very much. God Bless
    ...See More

Our Son Jeff Passed Away

Q

Comments (4)
    George, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your precious son. I too know the pain of losing a child. It is a pain that will always be with you. Be good to yourself and grieve the way you need to and for as long as you need to. The poem is a beautiful tribute to your son and shows the love that you have for him. You will always love him. He will never leave your heart. He will be with you still, even though you can't see him. When we first lost my 19 year old daughter, I felt that she was with me more than ever. In life, she was with me physically sometimes. When she became a spirit, she was with me always and still is. I know that I will see her again someday. That's my only consolation. I think of her being on a long, beautiful, happy vacation and I will meet her later. You may want to meet my daughter who knows your son now. Bless you. Lu
    ...See More
  • Nedd Bennett
    7 years ago

Couple of years back my sisters ex boyfriend who was probably still in love with her committed suicide...i didnt really care for him because he had issues and didnt handle their break up correctly...he would constantly prank call etc...i wanted to really give him a good smack...the day of his funeral my larents and sister went...i stayed home and went out with friends of mine to have some drinks...i came home about 3 am and went into my sisters room to mess with her as i usually would as a playful older drunk brother in my early 20s...as i opened her room door i saw her ex boyfriends spirit sitting at the edge of her bed looking at her...my jaw dropped...suddenly she awoke from her sleep and screamed...i told her go back to sleep and went to my room...i told his spirit he wasnt welcome here and to leave...the next morning i asked why she screamed...she told me she was dreaming about him and woke up to me standing there...i told her i saw his spirit vanish after she screamed and we both knew it was really him...i trip out how there are truely other dimensions of reality we rarely get a glimpse of.

• Deb Stoops
    7 years ago

Hi my name is Deb and what happened to me tonight has me quite shaken. I was with my dearest friend Tammy and just days ago a man she was in love with but had a huge addiction was killed in a pedestrian car accident. I have never claimed to have any physic abilities but as she and I were sitting in my car in front of her home I was overwhelmed by Bobby's face right in front of my eyes even closing them his face was still there. Tammy sensed my distress and asked me what the matter was, I told her I see Bobby I cant get his face out of my mind. She asked me to center myself and tell me what you see. I did as she ask of me and concentrated on his face and what I saw horrified me at first then I really wasnt sure what to think. I saw Bobby looking at me with the headlights hitting his face and I saw him walk out and him throw his hands up. As I said I as horrified. He kept coming to me and the third time I centered myself I asked him what he wanted why he wouldn't leave me. I saw him with a candle shining up to his face he looked so handsome, his face was so peaceful and I realized he was in a Catholic church I could see the candles burning and the stained glass and statues. I told Tammy what I had seen and she said OMG wait right here I will be back. She told me this is going to blow your mind. Bobby had sent her his empty wallet with just one thing in it a catholic cross. It arrived just days before he was killed. I truly believe that God used me as the vessel to reassure Tam and give her some relief to know that he was with God and he is in no pain. This event will forever change me and my life. I have always believed I had a gift but not of this context. I am just thankful to be the messenger. Maybe I just made a deposit on my wings.

• Alice Karen Roberts
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I had a life after death experience when 21. It reinforced my spirituality and belief in Christ. My best man was dying of cancer in Arizona and appeared to me while I was awake in California saying goodbye than disappeared. I walked thruought the house lookin for him astonished. He loved me like a daughter.

When my father died he appeared to me but I was unable to move as he was walking by I said,"dad what are you doing here your dead" he thru his arms up and said,"I am not dead" then walked out the front door with a suitcase.

my mom and dad are dead and appear to me in my dreams about seven times a month. But I can't communicate with them, it's like watching them in a movie.I often wake up crying calling out their names.

Jesus sent me back to let others know there is a Jesus and a heaven. I told him I wanted to come back to tell others.

Alice

• kiera_maydooley
    7 years ago

I only got told this a few days ago and it scared me but made me happy at the same time, anyway what happened was when I was 4 my granddad passed away and I was so young I didn't really understand but I got told that I was on the swings in the back garden giggling and talking to no one my mom came over to me and asked who I was talking to I said I'm talking to granddad hes on the roof he has white wings like a bird! but mommy why is he on the roof? I am now 15 and I don't remember saying any of that??

• strawchicago z5
    7 years ago

Kiera: Thanks for a very comforting story !! I read similar stories like that, including Chicken Soup for the Soul .. children can see spiritual entities better than adults.

Alice: Thank you for a great testimony that our spirit lives forever, and what the Bible said is true. I compiled a large NDE Pinterest board that show similarities between what the Bible said, and many NDE's .. plus why we shouldn't commit suicide, since our purpose in life is to learn to love.

https://www.pinterest.com/clonewar/hope-for-the-suicide-near-death-experiences-nde/

• blueladybird73
    7 years ago

I've been looking on the net and came across this. My husband died a couple of years ago. My daughter aged 13 often sleeps in my bed as she is too scared in her room alone. She said the curtains were moving my themselves, I tried to reassure her but have seen them move twice myself! She says that she feels someone sitting on the end of her bed and sometimes like somebody is lying down. It's so hard as I don't doubt her and wonder what I can do? I imagine it's her dad as they had a very strong bond, I imagine he will always be looking out for her.

• sylviatexas1
    7 years ago

I'm so sorry you lost your dear husband, & your daughter lost her dad.

The thing that concerns me here is that your daughter is scared.

I never have heard of anyone being scared of the spirit (or whatever) of their loved one, & it seems like people *do* always know when it's their loved one.

Since sensitive or vulnerable adolescents seem to attract malevolent spirits (again, assuming that there are such things) or negative energy or whatever you want to call it, I think you're smart to be concerned.

You might start by getting her to talk about how it "feels" when the curtains move, does she sense her dad (smell his pipe or his aftershave, feel his presence, etc), or if the feeling is one of a stranger.

I my own self would have her spending her nights in my room, & if she is convinced that this isn't her father, I'd research ways to get whatever it is to go on its way.

Take care, but take action.

I wish both of you the very best.

• blueladybird73
    7 years ago

Thank you for your reply sylviatexas1, I do appreciate the advice. To be honest she does sleep in my room at the moment. She said that at the beginning she felt her dad in the corner of her room and the night after he died she said she felt him hugging her. I did say very forceably to who ever was moving the curtains to stop it, that they are scaring my daughter. It did stop but that's when she started to feel someone on her bed. I'm sure most people would think we are crazy, but this is all true. She could also hear her jewellery being jingled (I heard it once too), so I've put that all away. I'm hoping it will all just settle down to be honest, but if not I will seek help.

• Victoria Chagolla
    7 years ago

The night before last I had this dream... there was a guy on fire and I could see the glow from far away. Then the guy on fire starts walking up my drive way with a crowd of people around him. I see him coming my way so I run Inside run out the back door go to the side turn the water hoes on he walks around the house when he gets close enough I start wetting him I turn the fire out then he lays on the floor in front of our front door with the crowd of people still around him im scare so I shut the door then isaiah yells grandpas rooms on fire so I run as fast as I can I open the door all crazy and my grandpa is sitting there watching t.v . Turns to me and said whats wrong mija. I said oh nothing grandpa and just walk out.. then I woke up . With my grandpa not sitting in his room.. I miss grandpa chapo ayala so much SUNRISE5/25/35 SUNSET 12/1/16

• sanchez_christina2121
    7 years ago

My friend died two years ago very tragically in a really horrible car accident. and she left two kids behind. every since today I've been thinking about her every single day and I always seem to cry and think why did God take somebody so good away from their kids and out of this Earth. I think about this woman every single day. one day I was driving and I was at a red light and out of nowhere I saw a truck that drove past and I saw a girl setting in the passenger side, and it looked just like my girlfriend wearing a baby blue hoodie and she smiled at me and waved hi multiple times at me and drove right past me. it was the most wonderful experience. Then 15 min later I heard a song on the radio that reminds me of her every time I hear it. It was playing in my car. I swear I know that was her letting me know she is happy and she is fine..

• Susan Pierce
    7 years ago

When I was 12 my cousin Teresa who is 12 too. We went to my Grandma Kerls funeral. She dared me to kiss her so I kissed her on the lips. We all went to stay with Grandpa and upstairs is were we always played. Grandpa put Grandmas wheel chair up there in the room where we played. My cousin and i looked over and Grandma was sitting in the chair wanting us to sit on her lap so she could read to us. We both ran down the stairs screaming...

I was at the Keno counter at work. 6:30 pm my Uncle Kris Kringle came to the counter and he said he loved me and said goodbye. I immediately called my Mom because she was with my Aunt Mary Kringle at the Nursing home with my Uncle. I asked her if my Uncle Kris was ok. She said he was fine. When I got home from work my Husband told me the at 6:30 pm my Uncle passed away. My Mom didn't want me to know yet since I traveled 40 minutes to and from work every time.

3 days after my Uncle Kris Kringle passed away. My Husbands Father has been sick with cancer Agent Orange from Vietnam he just turned 65 years of age. I told my husband on the Monday before he needed to go see his dad. Now my husband said I will Monday since he had a business trip to where his dad lived. I told him No you need to go see him Friday instead because he will pass away Saturday at 9:30 Am. He said I will be able to see him Monday. Saturday at 9:30 Am we get a phone call from his sister saying his dad just died. I hit my husbands arm saying I told you...

A good 5 days passed since my Uncle Kris Kringle and 2 days after My husbands dad passed away. I was at work my good friend was talking to someone about going out after work and going to a party and he owns a motorcycle. I told him not to go because he was going to dye that night in a motorcycle accident. He said he wouldn't drive home. 2:30 am I get off work I heard sirens not thinking about what I told him got home 40 minutes and went to bed. 9:30 am my husband called telling me when I get to work and I said Gary died last night at 2:30am. He said yes he was in a motorcycle accident.

what is bad they say they come in 3's but for me in that month it was 15 friends and family who passed away..

Now 6 years later my Aunt Mary Kringle was in the nursing home. At 12:30 Am I was up in my dining room, I looked over and my Aunt Mary was standing there saying goodbye. My Mom called at 9:30 am went to say something I said Aunt Mary passed away at 12:30 am.

Late November 2016 my Dad called saying my Uncle Herb wasn't feeling well. I told my Dad that he needed to go see him because he was going to be gone very soon. My Dad was helping someone so I said you have to tell the family of the person you are watching to watch their person for a day. A week goes by now December on a Wednesday I called my Dad at 10:00 am saying did you go see your brother because he died at 9:30 am today. My Dad said yes he did go see his brother and he just got the phone call that he passed away and was just going to call me.

Today is my Dads Birthday and I'm going to call him in a few to wish him happy Birthday. I'm also going to ask him how his other brother my UncleRick is doing. He has cancer from Agent orange from Vietnam. He is 65 too. Since this morning I was woken up by him saying goodbye... Will tell you later if it was what I think is true.

I have noticed lots who get Agent orange pass away at 65 years of age...

• Susan Pierce
    7 years ago

I forgot to add about another friend that month I had 15 deaths..

I was at work my friend said he started dating someone at work. I told him he needed to breakup with her since she had a ex husband because something bad was going to happen to him and Not to date someone from work. He said he would be fine. My friend came to me saying I should of listened to you and he said goodbye this is 4 days later I hear sirens and I get very nervous and get some tears. The news came on about a gun shooting in the town. The girl was on the news crying.. She said her boyfriend got shot and killed by her exhusband, which divorce wasn't final yet. Her boyfriend came out and her ex Husband shot him then killed himself. He would've shot her too but she ran to the neighbors house to call 911. Ends up yes it was my friend who got shot..

• rand02244
    6 years ago

Speaking of spirits, I've only seen one but it was my moms standing on the left side of my bed at 4:AM one morning. It was a translucent like figure of her. You could almost see through it but it was real. She was only visible for a few seconds. I was sitting up in bed when I saw her. I was not dreaming and she wasn't looking at me, she was looking straight ahead towards the wall. I'll always remember this even though I don't talk about it much but I've told a few of my relatives. This happened about two years after she passed away. She died a few weeks after heart valve surgery. Their is not a day that goes by without me thinking about this occurrence because it was so real. What I took from this was she was letting me know that she was okay.

• rand02244
    6 years ago

Speaking of spirits, I've only seen one but it was my moms standing on the left side of my bed at 4:AM one morning. It was a translucent like figure of her. You could almost see through it but it was real. She was only visible for a few seconds. I was sitting up in bed when I saw her. I was not dreaming and she wasn't looking at me, she was looking straight ahead towards the wall. I'll always remember this even though I don't talk about it much but I've told a few of my relatives. This happened about two years after she passed away. She died a few weeks after heart valve surgery. Their is not a day that goes by without me thinking about this occurrence because it was so real. What I took from this was she was letting me know that she was okay.

• blueladybird73
    6 years ago

That's actually quiet reassuring rand02244. It's a confirmation that your mum is still around looking out for you. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

• Alisande
    6 years ago

I agree; your mom was surely letting you know she was okay, and still with you. Thanks so much for sharing.

• pmlbkmn
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

My dad died in 1989. Mom was still alive and I promised him i would look after mom. I loved my Dad but my mom and I were best friends. I was always close to her. One night I was asleep on the couch and I woke up and my dad was sitting beside me. I was shocked and happy. He told me that he was given permission to come to me but couldn't stay long. He had come to prepare me. He then told me as gently as he could that mom was going to die soon. I smiled and told him that she was fine. He told me that he was there to prepare so I would be able to endure her death (when my grandpa died, my moms dad, it changed me). He told me he was going to have to leave soon. I begged him to stay and he said u know that I am not able to stay. I grabbed him thinking if I held on he couldn't go. Obviously I was wrong. He kissed me on the forehead told me he loved me and I told him I loved him and missed him. He told me he was always with me and he left. My mom died about two months after and I was and still am lost but I was able to get thru it and I give all the credit to the Lord. I have hoped my mom would come but I know it is the Lords decision. And I am so grateful he brought my dad to me when I needed him most.

• pmlbkmn
    6 years ago

This is a sighting my son had. And it was 12 years before I had my dad come to me. My son was sooooo close to my dad. They always said they were best buddies. Dad always had time for him. When dad got sick it was only four months before he passed. It was so hard on my son. He really didn't want to talk about it. He woud not cry, nothing. My husband was very sick with Lyme disease at the time but went to calling hours with me. He and my son went to a couch in there and sat. And along with me trying to hold my mom up I had to worry that my husband may pass out. So that night I decided that it would be better for me that my husband stay home the next day and watching my son that night I decided he should stay home also. He said no he should be by my side since dad wasn't pgoing. I told him it would give peace if he stayed home and took care of dad. So he stayed home . At that time he was 11. When the fall came he was 12 and football season had arrived. He wanted to go to the first game. I said no. I was very protective of him. But my husband said let him go. When I dropped him off I told him to be right here after the game. I picked him up and every thing was fine. When we got home he said he saw grandpa. I was wondering why his other grandpa would be there. He said not him, my dad. He said he was walking around and every place he stopped he saw grandpa. I told my husband about it. He said he was probaby there because he was looking after him and letting me know he will always be with our son. To give me peace of mind knowing he's there when i can't be with him. Once again I had to thank our Lord for comforting my son and me.

• tepeguero
    6 years ago

I seen my dad about a month after he passed. It was when I was biking and it caught me off guard. He was young and healthy wearing his royal blue polo shirt. He caught my eye, he was even younger than my own age! He didn’t have any expression on his face but that’s not uncommon. I was soooo grateful to see him because I missed him so much but what bothered and hurt me was he wasn’t smiling. That was 3 years ago.

• tepeguero
    6 years ago

I seen my dad about a month after he passed. It was when I was biking and it caught me off guard. He was young and healthy wearing his royal blue polo shirt. He caught my eye, he was even younger than my own age! He didn’t have any expression on his face but that’s not uncommon. I was soooo grateful to see him because I missed him so much but what bothered and hurt me was he wasn’t smiling. That was 3 years ago.

• PRO
    Kitchen & Bath Concepts
    6 years ago

When my dad passed away we later heard from two separate people who said they had seen him that same day at a small prayer grotto about an hour away from where he died, where he loved to go with my mom whenever they could. They said that he was wearing a flannel shirt which was very common for him and that they thought it was odd that he was there without my mother. He had a very strong devotion to Our Lady so it would not surprise me if he would choose to visit there after death.

He never appeared to me in person which is fine because it probably would have scared me but he did appear in a very vivid dream where I was getting out of a pool and he walked over and wrapped a towel around me and gave me a hug. It was significant to me because he died suddenly while working outdoors so I wasn’t able to say goodbye. It was very comforting.

• talleysgal
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

My mother died a very traumatic death. I grieved terribly and felt like I was hit my a freight train for months. Cried every day, wondering if she was at peace. Six months after her death, I was sitting on the couch, while my dog lay sleeping next to me. My dog suddenly sat up and looked over toward the doorway. I looked down to calm and pet my dog and then followed her gaze. Everything seemed darker, except there in the middle of what seemed like a tunnel, was my mom. It looked almost 3-D holographic-like, aka Princess Leia's scene from Star Wars. She had her pink robe on and was smiling at us. I saw her from the waist up. Small, at the end of "the tunnel." By the time I said, "Mom!" the image disappeared. I like to think she had taken in enough energy to give me that brief moment of her image and smile, and to let me know all was okay. Plus, she loved my dog and without my dog, I wouldn't have looked up to see her. I'll never forget that moment and am so thankful for it.

• Alisande
    6 years ago

These stories are wonderful; thank you all for sharing them. Talleysgal, I think your interpretation of your mother's visit is exactly right.

• talleysgal
    6 years ago

Thank you, Alisande. Yes, these stories are wonderful and as sad as they may be, they uplift you and give you hope!

• dorisnorma
    6 years ago

I saw my Son 1 year after he died. He stood there with the same clothes on he wore just one year before. He looked right at me and had the broadest smile I ever seen him smile....as if everything was ok as he went away.

• HU-31124224942
    5 years ago

Hoping that someone reads this and and comment or write their experience so that I can continue reading this thread:) GOD BLESS

• Helene Kaplan Kaplanmm
    5 years ago

Few month after my husband passed, I saw him laying on our love set sofa, in the living room about three feet away from me, his lowers legs hanging over as he was a tall man, he was hiding his face like making a pick a boo, he used to do this as a jock, he looked exactly as when he was alive, with his beige short, bluish shirt and black sneakers I stared at him frozen, he was looking at me, how could he be here since he had died, I was in shock, it lasted few seconds, may be 7 or 10 seconds, then he went upward in direction of our backyard outside like an arrow with flame at one end. There must be life after death, since I saw him alive for only few second but I will never forget. I miss him so much, he was my best and only friend, it was June 14, 2006, he used to turn one page of a calendar on his desk each day, I never continue to turn the pages, it stays on June 15, 2006 since. I hope to see again. Helene

• Sheila Peterson
    5 years ago

Yes, several members of my family saw my father after he died: my cousin at his funeral, my sister- 6 months after his death, my daughter after +/- 2 years. I personally witnessed the shock of my cousin after it happened in the church. My sister said she felt peace and my daughter(like my cousin) said he was sad that we were fighting among each other before he died.

• Rajeev Rambulip
    5 years ago

My dad passed away on the 9 June 2018. We believe in the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. We believe that the bible is the final authority. Just sharing some back ground if it fits in to what I am going to share. Not so long after my dad passed away, my little nephew of about 3 years old queried with his parents where my father was gone. They said to him that my dad is gone to heaven but Aaron asked again but when will my dad come back. His parents said to him that they do not know but the little kid surprised them when he said: But I saw him on a big white bird on the roof! Yes, those were the words of a little child who is so innocent and will obviously say what he saw. It is amazing and I believe that this child has definitely seen my dad! There are many other confirmations but I just wanted to share this one as it corresponds with the other comments about white birds when someone passes away. Bless you all.

• blueladybird73
    5 years ago

Children just say things as they are! How lovely, thanks for sharing and good to know that they are still around even if we don't know it.

• Amanda Kinder-Stout
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Hello, My name is Amanda, I actually came across this page literally by accident however I have a strong feeling it "wasn't accidental" I was actually looking for information about "signs" from loved ones because every time I am outside a dragonfly appears and just hovers around until I go back inside, at first I didn't think much of it but here recently I began really noticing the pattern and it's honestly every time I am outside at my home (many times throughout the day) so I decided to Google any information about this or if it has happened to others, maybe not a dragonfly but something similar and this site popped up. So I want to share some of the "Blessings" as I call them with you all, I want to apologize in advance for such a long post but there's so much I want to share and I've learned that it is very helpful for me to talk about my dad and share things with others even people I don't know. It was April 19, 2005 I was 25 when I lost my Daddy, he was 59, my dad was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes when I was 5 he was 39, the ER doctors couldn't understand how/why my mom was able to walk my dad into the emergency room, his blood sugar was 900 and all the doctors and nurses said he should've been in a coma with that high of blood sugar, dad spent 2 weeks in the hospital. It was a 20 year battle with this disease, like a rollercoaster there were so many ups and downs it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to sit and watch as literally attacked every single part of his body, from his kidneys, eyes, bones and limbs. In my eyes my dad was the strongest man I knew and to this day still is, many of you can probably tell by now I was a Daddy's Girl, he was my world and if you asked anyone I was his. It was April 18, 2005 my dad was still in ICU at the hospital (so some of you know the visiting hours are a lot different) I spent every visitation with my dad that was scheduled for an hour, so on the 18th it was the last visitation for the evening, he was sitting up sideways in his bed, I told him he looked and must have felt great that evening, he looked at me and his words have stuck in my head still to this day he said "Baby girl, your daddy is going home" my reply was one he probably heard a few times during over the 20 years, I told him when the doctor tell us you can. At 3:30am (7 hours after seeing him and his words to me) April 19, 2005 the hospital called and said I needed to get there that he was unresponsive. I sit right beside him holding his hand from the moment I got there, it was my mom who looked at me and said "he is fighting for you, you need to tell him it's okay" I can promise you those 2 words were the hardest 2 words I've ever said, it was that very moment he squeezed my hand and opened his big blue eyes as a tear rolled across the bridge of his nose 15 hours after the hospital called I watched as he took his final breath. Many months went by after his passing until one night I had a dream that was so real it had my shaking, I called my mom and began telling her, she quickly said I'm on my way, I need to talk to you, so she gets there and we talk. My parents had separated when I was 20, probably 2 years before my dad passed my mom had gotten pregnant and my dad took it extremely hard when he found out, he was angry with me (because I was happy, I always wanted a sibling, I was their only child, my dad had 4 others from a previous marriage but they were a lot older than me) and he said some hurtful things to my mom, sadly my mom miscarried but unknowingly to me until that moment she came to talk my mom told me everything, my dad had told her after her miscarriage that she would have the son they always wanted but he would be gone. It was exactly 2 months after my dad passed my mom found out she was pregnant, soon later she found out it was a boy and a few months later my brother Elijah, was born, (we are 27 years apart and just a little insight my parents were 17 years apart) in my dream it was me and my mom and she told me I needed to tell my dad we were leaving but I couldn't find him, then he was there and he said to me "Elijah is here because of me and one day Baby Girl you'll be a mommy too". I think my mom was just as shaken up as I was when I had first called her to tell her about my dream. When Elijah was 2 he was playing and asked me if I knew his friend "Donnie" I thought to myself "Oh Lord, he has imaginary friends" probably 2 weeks later me and my mom were sitting at my house (of course this big sister had him spoiled, he had his own room and toy room at my house) and Elijah comes running out of his toy room and asked if I knew "Goat" I said yes bub I know what goats are and he said "NO, My Friend Goat, he comes to see me and plays with me, he told me he really loves you and misses you" my heart sank and I busted into tears, so did my mom, you see my dads name was Donald and his nickname was "Goat", my brother never meet him, dad passed in '05 and Elijah was born in '06. In 2013 I reconnected with my old boyfriend whom I dated when I was 19, we've been married for almost 4 years now. My husband to this very day still talks about the time we went to my parents for dinner and my dad told him to have a seat, they needed to talk and dad told me to go help my mom in the kitchen that this was a talk between a father and his daughters boyfriend, my husband will say he was scared to death and he will never forget "that talk". Now I tell you that this was the very FIRST and LAST time my dad ever sat down a boyfriend and had "that talk" sometimes I wonder if daddy knew something John and I didn't know many years ago. There's been many things and different signs in these 13 years since dad has passed that's happened, I have learned not to blame others for things missing, I use to blame my poor little brother but I've realized over the years it wasn't him or others, my dad was a huge practical joker. My husband and I recently moved back home to West Virginia from Louisiana, we both were born and raised here (WV) we now live in the same town I was raised. About a month and a half ago I was sitting up stretched out on my couch playing a game on my tablet and my husband was in another room doing who knows what (typical man thing) when something caught my eye, I looked up and standing in the dining room stood my dad, I even shook my head as if my eyes were playing tricks on me only to still see him standing there, nothing was said but a feeling came over me, it was as if my dad was saying it's okay, I'm okay and still here with you, that's the easiest way I can explain it. So that brings me back to what I was first saying about coming across this site, since moving back each time I'm outside there is 1 dragonfly that shows up out of nowhere hovering around me. A little bit ago I told my husband about it, like I said just recently did I start noticing the pattern of this occurrence with the dragonfly. My husband was outside for about 20mins before I went outside, seconds after I was out there like the snap of your fingers the dragonfly appeared, my husband looks at me and said "what the h××" I've been out here this whole time and never once seen a dragonfly. My husband doesn't believe in things like this well I can't say it's that he don't believe I just think he doesn't want to out of fear as for myself, I smile and say "Hi Daddy, I Love You Too".

• Alisande
    5 years ago

Amanda, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful story. It illustrates the power of the bond of love and how very talented some spirits are when it comes to expressing that love. I just want to make a comment about dragonflies. They obviously possess something very special. I don't know of any other insect that acts as a connection between us and some of those we've lost. I've seen this in practice several times myself.

• blueladybird73
    5 years ago

I have written on this site before and have really enjoyed reading everybody's experiences. It's given me hope and some relief. Anyway there are a couple of recent things I thought I would share with you. I lost my husband 4 years ago to suicide leaving me and our two young children behind. Anyway the first experience happened while returning back home from holiday. We had visited his family in France and had spent the day on a ferry then 4 hours car journey home. I was about an hour from home and the motorway lights were having a hypnotic effect. It was very late and I was very tired. I started to blink longer than necessary as I was starting to fall asleep. I then heard a man's voice in my head say my nickname, which got my attention and it focussed me a bit. Then a minute later I started to fall asleep again and this time I heard the man's voice again, only louder and more urgent. This time it did wake me and I forced myself to pay attention thankfully.

The second experience I was going on holiday with my brother and his girlfriend. I was driving and following him to our holiday cottage. I kept seeing signs to place he had liked but I had never visited. I started to feel upset and cried quietly to myself, I did not want my children to see me. I was also feeling really angry with him for leaving and I was giving him a mouthful in my head. Then all of a sudden there was a Long loud beep on a car horn, then another one and again. Then I realised it was my car! It has never happened before or since. I do wonder if it was his response to my anger, so I did apologise in my head. It could be his way of shouting that he is here also. It did give us all a bit of a laugh at my random crazy horn.

• Amanda Kinder-Stout
    5 years ago

On August 19th I joined and shared with you all about the signs and visits I've been "Blessed" to receive after the loss of my Daddy 13 years ago April 19, 2005... I want to share with you again the Blessings that I received earlier this evening... Some of you may have read my post and some may have not, this evenings "Blessing" was in the same form that first brought me to come across this blog/form, "a dragonfly"...

Just a little bit ago I was sitting outside taking in this "Beautiful Fall Like" weather we are having here in West Virginia, I decided to take my tablet and play my casino game, my husband and I have turned it into more of a competition on who wins the most money, as if it was real money... lol

As I'm completely into my game, head looking down and not paying attention, all of a sudden I hear "zoom" right past my head, I look up and there was "my dragonfly", I stopped playing because I knew, it was a visit from my dad... However, something was different today, it was the first time I had ever taken my tablet outside, it was a few moments later I decided to see if I could capture just one photo, not knowing if it was possible but I decided to try anyway.

.. I captured the first photo, then a second and then there was the third photo... Of course not knowing exactly how or if I was able to capture any of the pictures, it was when I came inside and looked at my gallery I realized, I captured all three pictures and there was one photo (photo number 3) I will Forever and Always Cherish... It was as if for that split second time stood still, just as my daddy, when he was here, always was ready for the camera (he honestly was a camera hog, lol) so was "my dragonfly", looking straight at me, perfectly with the somewhat familiar glow that was in my daddy's eyes...

***I have put in order the photos, 1, 2 and 3***

I apologize for such a long post

• Marisa
    5 years ago

My grandmother passed a couple months ago and it's been very hard on me. We were extremely close. I completely believe that she is spiritually with me and reading these stories has really helped me. So thank you.

I wanted to share my own story with my beloved grandmother. Before my grandmother died she was having a lot of episodes with her blood sugar plummeting suddenly. I had gone to bed very anxious for some reason and at about midnight I felt someone's hand on my shoulder and a kiss on my cheek. I woke up and no one was there but I knew it was her. The next morning we got a call that Grandma's blood sugar had plummeted and they found her unresponsive but were able to get her back. I know it was her visiting me and comforting me. The next night her heart stopped briefly and she visited my mom (her daughter) in a similar way that she visited me. My mom has always told me that she gets messages from people she knows right after they die but until that moment I never really believed her. It makes me sad that she's gone but at least I feel like she's still watching out for me like always.

I'm not sure anyone still reads this thread but if you do thank you.

• Alisande
    5 years ago

I'm still reading this thread, Marisa, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Thanks so much for sharing your story. Your grandmother is loving as well as beloved. I felt a kiss on my own cheek the other night. I don't know who it was, but it was appreciated.

• Janine Fay Sullivan
    5 years ago

My Dad died 8 years ago and when he took his last breath I felt a bolt go through me, that is the only way I can describe it - it was fast, powerful and almost hurt and left me holding onto the bed...anyway his funeral came and went - but it was some days later when I was with my husband walking towards his grave, that we saw a man with dark hair wearing a long dark coat with his hands folded in front of his body just looking at my Dads grave - we saw him side view on and as my husband said who is that? I already knew it was my Dad, my heart was racing - but my husband would never of known it to be my Dad as he looked and dressed very differently to how my husband knew him, as my Dad was standing there he was in his thirties and wearing the coat he wore when he worked for British Rail. The same coat as a small child I would put on and find sweets and interesting things in , I was so excited to see him but no sooner as he was there he simply vanished before our eyes - My Dad retired to Cyprus some years before his death and was buried in a very small cemetry in Paphos which to this very day has both the entrance and exit in one - meaning who ever goes down the path to tend to graves would use the same one to come back up....I let my husband search for the man and only told him when he was getting really worried that we won't find the man because it was my Dad. My husband does not believe in God- religion - spirits or anything - and to this day he cannot explain it but I am so grateful he saw my Dad with me as I would not of been able to talk about it or share the wonderful experience it was. I will never forget. x

• PRO
    Jennifer Kim
    5 years ago

My mom passed away suddenly almost 4 years ago from sudden heart attack from June and my dad passed away last month. They were divorced because he found someone else in his old age. He learned too late in his old age after my mom passed way that he was actually very much in love with my mom and grieved very hard after my mom passed away and regretted each day. My mom gave me a sign that someone close to me will be taken away when I lost my keys a week or two before he passed away. My keys were left on a table while having lunch with my friend and all of sudden flock of sparrows came around us on cold weather and my keys were gone and we were both shocked. I was at the time upset my keys were gone but I was glad my friend was there to vouch I was not going insane. My dad left so suddenly in frightful way falling from the 16th floor balcony at his apartment. Even though the fall must be frightening to my dad, he had the most peaceful face and eyes closed on his death when I saw him and they would not allow me to see him until the coroner is there first. It looked like my mom must have been there to comfort him. I saw my dad's step son there first before I got there and I only work only one block away from his apartment and his step son lives further than me and my work and I do not want to question why. Couple weeks ago, I found myself with hummingbird where there is no flowers to be seen and it was staying with me for good 10 minutes with my dog and his best friends from his church saw hummingbird front of their front doorsteps of their house just about the same day or two. My dad came to tell us he was in good place which we needed to know. Again few weeks ago before I saw the hummingbird, I had a visit from my mom in my dream and I was so happy to see her and gave her a big hug. The dream felt so real and my friend also saw both of us in her dream and she never saw my mom before but was able to tell that our meeting was joyful one and I was not just imagining and it was not just dream but it was real. I am not depressed as before knowing that I will meet both them again in next life. We are here on earth just for awhile until we meet our love ones in the rainbow.

• Alisande
    5 years ago

I wanted to respond to this a couple of days ago, Jennifer, but then it disappeared. I'm glad it's back. I loved reading it, and want to say that a big hug has been part of just about every dream visit I've ever had--and I've had many. Also, animals are often involved in the signs we experience in real life. There's so much we don't know.

Thanks very much for posting.

• HU-99570198
    4 years ago

I suddenly lost my boyfriend in an accident

Almost 2 weeks ago

I think for a young mother of 3 im coping very well tomorrow afternoon is his rosary

I was beside him a half hour before the accident

I knew somwthing was wrong

But didnt know what tille the next morning when his mother found me because my phine had died ealy in the morning.

So that day i couldnt understand why

I just knew something was wrong

I didnt know what, but i knew it was something.

Never did i think Hed be gone

When his mother told me

I was in total shock and wven denied it.

But seeing his sister and mother deveatated i knes it had to be true.

I lost him saturday 4/20 at 2:09am

Today is may 1st

A year ago today was the last i woke up with my nana and boyfriend by my side

(May4th i lost my grandmother who had stage 4 lung cancer whom i toom care of for over a year.. In that time my boyfriend would care for them while id care for my grandmother.)

I have 3 children my youngest (almost2) weve been raising togther and shes taking the hardest.

She wakes me up around 2or so

Tapping the bed

So i roll over n look

Thinking he was gonna te me scoot over

I see my daughter

So i pick her up n lay her beside me

N we both go back to sleep

About 7:10am my alarm goes off

N i go back to sleep to find myself standing in the kitchen

Thinking i have to go to him

I have to tell him something important

So idk what i was doing but i stop n i remember what i had to tell him

So i go to him n he meets me half way in the hall n puts his arms around my waist n i hug him n tell him i have something important to tell him

N he asks what

He lounges on the bed

I sit on the floor looking up at his face

N i start to vry n tell him

I have something to tell you

I said:

Remember the other night when we went out?

He nodded yes.

Well youre gone, you didnt come back.

N i started crying n i said

Your gone. We're in a dream.

N he reacted the same way i reacted when i found out.

Then we were in this cloudy place

In eachothers arms

With family around us amongst themselves n carrying conversation

N then i woke up.

4/22 we went n made a site where the accident happened

And that new song the old oak tree started playing

And that was our place

Wed run away to n clear our head

Or hed hear me cry n just let me let it out

He wasnt just my bf

He was my best friend

He was the man i wanted to grow old beside

He kept me together in my worst of times.

I dont know what to feel or how to deal with lossing him

I havent felt the same since we left eachothers side that early morning

Ive found bottle caps n dirty socks n places i didnt notice n those littpe things made me laugh.

He would always tell his mom we were having another baby

But the 2weeks before he passed

Hed constantly tell my mom were having a baby.

Never ever did I think id wake up n not see his face.

We both come from a brokem home and a troubled childhood

We werent the type to just trust people

Were very private n particular people

Very different and difficult.

He was a wonderful hard working

Loving son brother and stepdad

He will always be loved and missed

• blueladybird73
    4 years ago

So sorry HU for your loss. I lost my husband nearly 5 years ago and we also had young children. It is hard. But give yourself time to heal, he's left you with 3 beautiful gifts of your children. I promise it won't ever leave you but things will get easier with time. You and your children are in my thoughts and prayers. Surround yourself with loving and supportive people and remember to look after yourself. x

• Marie Damore
    4 years ago

My father died 25 years ago yet every time I talk with him during the day as if he’s alive he visits me in my dreams.

he left my young mother who was 11 years younger and each time I dream of him he has a message for me for my mother.

he cane to me in a dream one night.. the dream was he was sleeping in a hotel with my mother and I walked into their bedroom. I saw my mothers diamond which shone brightly. The next day we hung out and I looked at the diamond my father had given her and one large diamond was missing. We had done some errands and I pointed out to her the diamond was gone. She went home very sad and crying.

while in my vehicle picking up my daughter I looked in the cup holder and to my surprise the diamond was in the cup holder.

Just recently I moved onto my mothers house downstairs. The week before at my former apartment I saw many pennies and 1111 cane to me via clocks and phones. I thought of my father who must be happy that I’m moving in. One morning I awoke and I sat up in bed at 7 am and next to me was my father holding a small suitcase. Beyond him was the closet but the closet was not a closet but a it was a portal. Around the portal was a white circular light that had depth and he was standing in it with his head to the side. I looked in awe and I blurted DAD.. and he was standing in a beautiful suit with a hat like he was 40 years old. I was so awestruck. I jumped out of bed and he disappeared.

later that day when in work I looked at the calendar and realized it was his birthday November 14...I was so blessed!! He cane to tell me it was his birthday.

I was in the hospital when he took his last breadth. Soon after he cane to me in a dream and he was still sick but he had angel wings and I was touching them and they were pinching my fingers I asked him When are you going to heaven and he said 40 days in a whisper twice he said that. When I went to the priest to ask him what this meant the priest responded that the soul stays on earth 40 days and then goes to heaven (catholic). And Greek

When he was dying I had an out of body experience. My body was floating in the hospital room above him. I felt every breadth he took as if we were one. I traveled with him to heaven. I saw beautiful colors and we were traveling over incrediblly vivid landscapes and my brain knew that his brain was entering a beautiful vista of colors and I was flying over heaven with him. I will never forget this out of body experience. Don’t know how it happened or why but I know there is another existence beyond our comprehension as humans. When I awoke that morning I was on the floor and my legs were on the bed. I awoke and went to the hospital and he died at 2 :44 pm. I knew he went to the other side. I was there with him.

After that day I knew that the spirit of man lives .. it never dies. Their dna lives in each and every one of us. We have to connect in spirit to live with them. They will come to you. All you have to do is ask them to come!! Talk to them. Ask them questions and be patient for their answers.

Each time I go to the cemetery I talk to him like he’s alive and I ask him to give me a sign that he hears me. Every time he responds by the sun breaking through the clouds and it is the cloud of an angel in the sky or two birds landing on his grave stone or a wind pushing a branch over his grave stone or something beyond comprehension. Talk to them like they are alive and you will see or hear something extraordinary. Trust yourself and your belief in a higher dimension and you will never be lonely!! I always believed an will continue to believe that the dead are not dead but live in every one of us. The dead have more power than the living. You just have to tap into it! Don’t cry act like they are still here. They can hear you!! Be blessed!!❤️

• Alisande
    4 years ago

You are a good receiver, Marie! Thank you so much for sharing your story. I can relate to it.

• HU-904298360
    4 years ago

I was Daddy's baby I was 35 when he passed. I miss him so much but after his death I moved into apt an my husb went to bed I looked in bedroom I seen a white apperation get up from laying position and stand an walk thru wall .never seen anything like that but I wasn't afraid ,I was writting poems at the time I was trying to write the word ( Him ) and I kept writting hime .I couldn't understand an why I kept putting and ( E ) on the end well I realized it was saying ( Hi Me ) and I knew it was Dad .saying hi . And 18 years later I'm in a home in the country and I seen the same Apperation out side and seen it several times and then last year I was watching TV,and I seen the white Apperation going out my front door in the middle of the day .It was my DAD Crossing Over !! I've not seen it since .I have tons of ORBS in my home now .have heard my name called an a man's voice talking to another in my bedroom .I also have seen a shadow person in this home .I was not afraid for some reason ,but the weirdest is a grey most in shape of a triangle about 3 feet higabove my basement steps an triangle was still but the mist was very slowly moving .and that's my experiences an still as of today .I know must be family because I've never been afraid of any of it This is a TRUE Story ....

• HU-488366127
    2 years ago

I had my dad's funeral this week .and when I got out of the funeral car and looked around I seen my dad's brother walking up along side his lads .but my uncle died 2 years ago ...my neice also had a sigting later on that day ..I think he came to collect him

• HU-152829209
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

My wife passed away on November 1, 2017! First let me say she was very ill and couldn't sleep in our Marriage bed, she had to sleep on a bed that she could sleep on with an incline, too hard for her to breath! 2 nights before she passed she was in her bed and me in our bed, I didn't sleep well since she became ill, it took a long time for me to finally fall asleep, I had my eyes closed but not asleep, I was startled by a light that came on in our room, I opened my eyes and there was a spirit (person) it looked like a woman with a very beautiful robe on and she was illuminating a beautiful translucent blue-green light, she had her back to me so I didn't see a face! She was smelling the beautiful flowers our grandson had brought to the house that very day, I can say that I just watched her for the few seconds she was there. I believe it could have been my wife's mother that came to prepare her for death!

It was two days after my wife's passing and most of my company had gone home, all but our daughter, she stayed a little longer. I was getting ready for bed but before I laid down I said out loud, "Honey, I wish you would just lay with me just one more time!" Then I got into bed, I had laid there with my eyes closed thinking about her when all of a sudden a light in the room again! I opened my eyes and she was laying there next to me, illuminating the same blue-green light I had seen just 4 days before! I just laid there looking at her, I couldn't believe my eyes but I couldn't stop looking, she was more beautiful there than she was in life, don't get me wrong she was always beautiful to me! I thank God that I was allowed to see her and I can't wait to see her again forever! We were married 35 short years, our kids would tell us they want a marriage like ours!!

• deephalen49
    11 months ago

Last nite i was working in the kitchen at my mothers home prepingking for Easter dinner today im the one whos has for years stayed up late at moms to get everything ready for holidays.. anyway i was at the sink and i turned to look over at the dinning table that my perents has had for many years and the caption chair at the head of the table that my father always sat in well i seen my father sitting there! it was just for a breif half a second or less he was watching me !!I It didint scare me but he was sitting there !! so i belive he cane to give me comfort as im going threw a trying time.. miss him and wish he wowould had stayed longer..

• HU-27532354
    7 months ago

I see my mother When I close my eyes And she is resting Just like she used to sit and rest on myselfmy recliner when I took care of her As if she has not a worry in the worldworld. She's always just opening and closing her eyes And there's been times when she will hook her up her lips as if she was blowing me a kiss And she would do things like She looks like she is sucking on a pc of candy and she will lick her lips And she will not her head up and down Like for sure I know she's a green with me Agreeing

Sponsored