Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How's Everyone??

Posted by lulie___wayne (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 18, 06 at 20:37

The forum has been pretty slow lately and in a way, I guess it's a good thing. Hopefully, everyone is doing as good as can be expected and busy doing good things.
DH and I have been babysitting grandchildren today and will again tomorrow. That's definitely a good thing and makes us smile!!
I'm happy to say that Lauren and Keith have been to our two last Compassionate Friends meetings and seem to be gaining something from them. We meet at the cemetery also occassionally since our babies are buried a few feet apart.
What's going on with y'all? Anybody?
Lu

Here is a link that might be useful: Christin Cosby Memorial Web Site

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How's Everyone??

Hi Lu and everyone,
Thanks for asking, and yes, I also have noticed things are slow here, but maybe that's good in a way. Seems like it goes from one extreme to the other, slow, then it's buzzing like crazy. I went to a TCF chapter when I lost my son 19 years ago when I lived in Scranton. They were a welcome thing to me, as I thought I was losing my mind. I have yet to attend one where I live now, as I remember much of the support they gave, and it has helped me in the loss of my only other child, Erica, who died this past June. I just noticed last week that her 19th birthday falls on Mother's Day this year. And now I am childless. Oooh, I dread that day. Today is my mother's birthday, she'd have been 76, but celebrates it in Heaven with 4 of her 5 grandchildren. Anyhow, lately just been busy with wanting to start a scrapbook of my 2 angels, but how do you put 18 years into a book? Just got to find the time and ambition. Seems as if there is never enough time for anything! Glad to hear from you.
Emma in PA

o

Hi Lu, and Hi Emma. Let's just say I made an appointment with my counselor for next week. I haven't seen her in awhile, and it's time for a "tune-up."

Lu, I remember when I first came here you said you'd lost Christin six years before, and I thought that sounded like such a long time. Now here I am approaching the five-year mark myself. Jill died on May 28, 2001.

My husband's last years were long and difficult, but now that he's gone it's so much easier to remember the many good years--and to miss them. Caring for him, even when he was in the nursing home, was a focus for me, too. Now I'm working on the the house and other things, but feeling a little disenfranchised.

I guess it doesn't help that it's winter.

Susan

o

Hi Lulie and freinds,
It's been 11 weeks since our Darren was laid to rest. The Mardi Gras season is upon us and that is/was our family fun time together. I have to continue on for the rest of my children and grandkids. But, my husband can't seem to find any happiness in this event that we shared together for so long.I know that our son would want us to get up and get going but everything is so difficult. Even going to the grocery store.I am "snapping" at my husband for nothing. He cries for everything.We can't remember yesterday. I know all this is normal,but I'm starting to think we need medication to help cope. Ya'll mention earlier that things were quite,well I guess I'm stirring the pot! Can you feel it ready to boil over like I can? Jennifer U. from Golden Age says hello to Lulie. I promised her a copy of the "letter" about Christian. God Bless to All
Lauren

o

Thank you for asking. Lulie. Things are OK here...I think we're settling into a pattern of coping daily. The pain of our loss is still sharp, but we look for ways to help each other, and we do find joy in lots of things and events. The joy we feel is always tempered, however, and painful memories continue to poke and sometimes nearly cripple us...and almost always, it happens when we least expect it. We're happy to see spring starting to arrive, but spring brings Mother's day, Millie's birthday (could she possibly have been 9 this May!), and then the horrible anniversary of their deaths on June 17. These are tough, tough days to endure. We see our granddaughter, almost 3, born just 2 weeks before the accident, and she's a great joy. Her mom and dad (our middle son) just suffered a miscarriage a few weeks ago...how we were looking forward to another grandchild. But, they've come to grips with it, and we are trying to also. Blessings to all of you who visit this forum, and I wish you all the best in dealing with your adversities and finding meaning in a life lived after tragedy. I have to admit that Brycesmommy's wonderful news about her Valentine's day twins has brightened my world. She deserves some real happiness.

o

Lu, I saw this post a month ago but some glitch in GW would not let me sign in. A couple days ago I saw in the S & C forum that there really was a problem with the board and they were fixing it, so I tried again.

It's always good to hear from all of you and learn what you're doing to cope and what you're doing for others. It seems to me that each year brings a better sense of focus and purpose despite the pain that is always there.

It isn't 'better' now, but it is 'different' than when that first overwhelming crush of grief descends upon us.

Nell

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here