SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enjohnson

Warning dream?

enjohnson
15 years ago

Hello there,

I lost my mom 4 months ago to breast cancer. She was 47 and we were best friends. My whole family misses her very very much and it has been extremely rough without her.

Since she died, my whole family has had dreams about her. I don't think that I have personally got any visits from her because all my dreams have been very sad so far. They are always of her very sick again and me knowing I have to say goodbye. However, my husband has had some dreams of her, where he sees her but knows she is dead and hasn't talked to her. The thing is, last night he had a very upsetting dream that we can't tell if it was real or just a dream.

I should preface this with saying that lately he has been very protective of our 14 month old soon. He worries about everything that can happen to him. I think this started since my mom passed and we had to go through all of that. Well last night, he had a dream that we were shopping with my sister and my mom was with us. She kept disappearing and coming back. My sister couldn't see her though. Then, we were shopping for beds he said and we were all sitting on a bed talking. He told her that he missed her and loved her and she said she had been spending a lot of time with my son. Then she started to cry and he said "what's wrong?" she said she needed to tell him something about my son and all she said was "4". He panicked and and said "4 what? 4 years, 4 months??" and she said "weeks" and then she disappeared. next he dreamed that he took our son to the hospital and asked them to test him for everything.

He told me this dream this morning and I am terrified. On one hand, I think that my mom wouldn't do that to us, she wouldn't scare us and not give us enough information to do anything about what might happen. Also, I have heard that actual visits from loved ones feel very real and are very vivid and make sense. His dream was somewhat jumbled and fragmented and he said even in his dream he thought "this can't be happening, its not real". He can't remember what Mom was wearing and things like that, so maybe it wasn't that vivid. However, I'm a mess. I stress out so easily and I'm so worried about this. What am I supposed to do? Do you think this is just a dream and all his subconsious things that he has been worried about came into this dream? What would you do? I'm just sick over this.

Thanks for listening, sorry if this sounds crazy but I'm really upset.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz