SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msmacgyver

Memorial Tree Planting Advice Needed

msmacgyver
16 years ago

My mother passed away in Dec. To tell the truth I think I did all my grieving during her illness as her passing has been a relief. It is comforting to know she is no longer ill, that she is in heaven, that she is with Dad and other loved ones. I miss her dearly and almost daily think of some reason to call her as I did when she was well enough to speak on the phone. I do talk to her as IÂve talked to Dad for many years. Although I was able to go home for her funeral, my sister could not. I feel that Mom is with me but sadly my sister needs somewhere to Âgo to be with and to remember Mom. Even though we live quite far apart I am planning a tree planting in MomÂs memory in my sister's beautiful large yard. I had a tree planting when my 20 yr. old granddaughter passed away a few years ago. It was a big affair with many people in attendance. There was a memorial mass, eulogy at the tree side and prayers said by the priest. MomÂs tree planting will be a small affair just a few family members. I would like for it to be meaningful and memorable but have no idea what we should do beside plant the tree. There wonÂt be a priest or reverend there.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bernie

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm