Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A welcome to Those Who are New to this Forum

Posted by FoxesEarth (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 21, 05 at 23:38

If you've come here with a burden of grief, we're glad you found us.
Members here have experienced a wide range of losses; grief comes in many forms.
We're here to give encouragement and reassurance that you're not alone.
If you feel like sharing your story, we'll be happy to listen.

We hope you'll start a new thread telling us why you're here so that you're not overlooked. Use the back button to return to the opening page and scroll down to start a new thread, and this thread will remain on top to welcome others.

Nell

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A welcome to Those Who are New to this Forum

Thanks for replying to my message...I am new member and I been looking for something to help me with my grief.

o
RE: For Those with Fresh Grief

If you've come here seeking solace for your sorrow, we're glad you found this forum.

If you feel like sharing your story, we hope you'll start a new thread telling us why you're here so that your post is not overlooked. Use the back button to return to the opening page and scroll down to start a new thread.

Members here have experienced a wide range of losses; grief comes in many forms. Members here give encouragement and reassurance that you're not alone. In time, things will be different; different than they are today when the pain seems unbearable.

This thread will remain on top to welcome others if you start a new message on the main page.

o

I am so glad to have found this forum, it has helped me a great deal and I know it will help others so I am happy to bring it to the top again.I have read many stories that have helped put my life into perspective with my new lifestyle. Thank you eveyone.

o

Bumping

o

I didn't not know this forum existed. And to be rude I wish I didn't have a reason to know it existed. I have been a member of the roses forums for a a few years now.
A week ago I lost a granddaughter(stillbirth). I held her in my arms, it looked like she was sleeping. We had all be so excited about her being born and growing up in our "crazy" family! Crazy is a good way. To lose her just three days before her due date is unreal.
I am glad there is a place for me as a grandmother to come and greive. thank you to all of you.
Tammy

o

hi my name is debbie and i have posted here before, i was a regular on the caregiver forum. i am 51 yrs old and will have been a widow 4 months tomorrow. my husband Al and i celebrated our 25th anniversary last november. he was a diabetic and had alot of illness included both legs amputated above the knee, he was beridden and i and our 2 children were his only caregivers, his mother couldn't stand to see her son and one of his sisters was house proud and we did not live up to their standards. 3 weeks bfore my birthday Al got me a lovely little shih tzu puppy which he named gracie joy divine, he went into a coma and had a massive stroke on feb. 21 on the evening of the 22 we decided to have his life support turned off. Al, the kids (they arent relly kids 24 and almost 19) did everything together. even through all this illness i am so lonely (and i can't stand to hear one more at least he isn't in pain anymore, Al never complained). he was one of those people that was positive and saw no wrong in people. we do not have a grief group here, and mostly of all there is no judgement here only help for which i thank you!
enjoy your day, and watch the birds fly!

debbie

o

I wish I didn't have to come here, but fate says that I must. I lost my 53-yr. old husband to pancreatic cancer on April 17, 2007. He was such a brave and stoic man, never complaining.

He worked until 2 weeks before he died, took a week of vacation to power-wash our decks and house, and to spend time with his family. He died two weeks into his vacation.

Please don't tell me he's better off, he's no longer in pain, we will be together again, it will get better, and on and on and on. I know you are trying to comfort me, but telling me these things DOES NOT help. I need to be hugged and told that you will be nearby if/when I need you.

I still have days when everything makes me cry. I have days where frustration is the order of the day and I am angry at God, my husband, the doctors and at myself for not being able to more to help my husband.

He was one year from retiring, and we had grand plans for that retirement. All of that is gone now - I am in the 'keep my nose above water' phase, combined with 'what am I supposed to do now' phase. I am in the 'worry' mode most of the time. Sleep is just a dream, eluding me as most dreams do.

God bless each of us who have lost a loved one, as we struggle with each breath and each footstep!

o

Oh, Kay,
God bless you during this hard time. It's so frightening to think how short life really is. When your loved one is sick, it seems like -- as you live it daily -- that they're sick for so long -- even if it's only weeks or months. But when they're finally gone, it was the shortest time -- and you'd give anything to be taking care of them again. I think as we age, we see this 'trick of time' more often. And now it must feel to you like the days are stretching out endlessly in front of you, without your darling husband. I won't offer you the obigatory phrases you mentionend above, but what are you doing this weekend for yourself?? Can you get out and go somemplace around you that you've always wanted to see, or haven't seen in awhile?? Or how about a movie??
Anything to give you a couple of hours of respite from your thoughts would be good. Maybe you and a friend could go out for coffee or dinner.
I'll say a prayer for you.
msfingers2

o

Kay - I'm so sorry you are going through this. I wish there was something I could do to help all of us feel better.

Most of the time I'm doing okay but the oddest things can trigger my sadness all over again. Yesterday my boss came into my cube, sat down and gently told me I had to identify a new "emergency contact" name for my personel records. Then she started to cry. Well, that didn't do me any good. . .

It gets worse when I think to myself "What will my little boys do without their mother?" I wish I didn't have to walk around with a pocket full of kleenex just in case.

If God had told me when I was 18 what I would be faced with as I walked through this life I would have stared at Him dumbfounded.

o

Happy weekend everyone. I am glad no one told me how life was going to turn out because I have all my happy memories to look back on (some day - soon I hope).Being sad is going to be a big part of our lives now but hopefully it will get less painful.We all miss our hugs and need them so badly but the only hug we need is the one we can't get.Sometimes life just stinks.
Mavis

o

hi, i just found this site so i thought i would give it a try i lost my 29 year old son in dec 2006. we thought he was healthy, no health problems that we knew about. he was a big strong man. he had 3 kids, a wife and was moving into his new home the day he died. he just fell off the trailer that he was loading and he was gone. they said his heart just stopped and that he was gone before he hit the ground. i dont think i have even started to feel what has happened. it feels like i am in a daze and that its just not real. i feel like part of me died that day too and i'm just waiting to see the result of it. sorry to go on so long. dont even know why i'm here.

o

Franksmoma, it would be good if you would copy your post and use it to begin a separate thread. That way, people will see the title and give it more attention. Plus if you check the box about emails, you'll be notified whenever someone replies to your message.

Susan

o

Dear Franksmoma, I am so sorry for you loss, that must have been an awful shock for you and his family, please accept my condolences. You are here because you are hurting and you want someone to talk to, this is a good place to be. You can do what Susan said and start a new thread with a new title and you can pour you heart out to all of us, we will listen.
Mavis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here